Your Favorite Steak House ... Or best steak you ever had?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
So when you want a good steak ... where do you go?

What's the best steak you've ever had?

I like Steaks from a number of places, Outback, Ted's Montana Grill, Saltgrass, Texas Road House.

The best steak Ive had Im having a hard time remembering where it was at ... I'll have to get back to that one. :D

Best steak ever was at a restaurant called The Star Hotel in Elko, Nevada. BEST STEAK EVER!!!!! It's a Basque restaurant.

Best steak around here is a from a chain called The Keg. I've had a 60 dollar steak from the most high end Steakhouse here in Halifax but it doesn't come close to being a tasty as The Keg's steaks. Best I've ever had was in some dingie little steakhouse in the tourist shopping district of Scottsdale AZ. I asked for it "medium well" and the waitress just laughed at me and said she wasn't going to allow me to ruin a perfectly good steak like that. hahaha. I think it was medium-rare and oh so yummay!

I had a $50 steak from a place here called Ruth's Chris and it was pretty good but not the best Ive ever had. The best was this placed called Texas de Brazil.... mmmmm. It was all you can eat, and at least 12 different kinds of meat each night. Their bacon-wrapped filets were the best thing I've ever eaten, period. I think I had four of those bad boys. I'd go all the time if I could afford it. I think that dinner was almost $200 with tip for me and the girlEEK!EEK!EEK! I got a giftcard for $100 as a college graduation present from some family members so it didnt hurt as bad as my stomach did that night :emb:

I've heard of this Texas de Brazil place. Still looking to try it out.

I totally forgot about another place where the steak was awesome but you have to work for it. There is a place in Montreal, and Toronto now, called "O Noir". All of the waiters and chef's are blind and you eat in the dark. It's completely awesome. Fun to order the "surprise" entree and guess what it is you're eating. Here it is.

I've heard of this Texas de Brazil place. Still looking to try it out.

I totally forgot about another place where the steak was awesome but you have to work for it. There is a place in Montreal, and Toronto now, called "O Noir". All of the waiters and chef's are blind and you eat in the dark. It's completely awesome. Fun to order the "surprise" entree and guess what it is you're eating. Here it is.

That sounds like a lot of fun (can do naughty things at the table :naughty:) although I have NO Interest in eating anything that's a surprise!! EEK! As some of you may know, I'm a bit of a picky eater :p

Two words Brazilian Steakhouse lol. I've had some of the best tri-tip and sirloin steaks in my life at Samba and Greenhill Charrusquerias along with 12 other types of all you can eat meat. It's pricey but all well beyond worth it!!

When I'm feeling cheap I just go to Black Angus for steak.

b11c81d4_PrimeRibRoast3.jpg

A nice tube steak. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Sorry, low brow humor, can't help myself! :hilarious:

yikes, haha. seriously tho if you ever get a chance to eat at one of these places you really should. I should add that the steak is cut up for you so you're not flailing around in the dark with a steak knife, hahaha. the hardest part of the whole eating in the dark experience was buttering the roll, lol. I thought I had it all evenly spread until I took a bite and got the whole butter packet in my mouth. mmmmmm butter packet.

and yes you can get some foolin around in. we were with another couple and my buddy said he wanted to take his shirt off and put it on backwards for when he walked back out into the lobby to pay, hahaha. he chickened out tho cause thought he may knock one of the blind waiters over or something.

The best that I've ever had was from a local place called the Hawthorne Inn. It's so good that Diva and I had our wedding rehearsal dinner there and we go at least once or twice a year.

Steve's Sizzling Steaks!

if you are in New Jersey or driving thru and u got a taste for steak... visit this place.

http://www.stevessizzlingsteaks.com/

im from jersey... gotta check this out...

it might sound cliche but the best steaks ive ever had were at big money restaurants:

Gallagers
Mortons
Ruths Chris (by far the best Filet Mignon ive ever had)

Lately i like my steak medium Rare, cutting like butter.. bacon wrapped filets from omaha steaks arent bad either