Your Favorite Steak House ... Or best steak you ever had?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
So when you want a good steak ... where do you go?

What's the best steak you've ever had?

I like Steaks from a number of places, Outback, Ted's Montana Grill, Saltgrass, Texas Road House.

The best steak Ive had Im having a hard time remembering where it was at ... I'll have to get back to that one. :D

i come to Las Vegas this Summer :)
what is the best steak restaurant there with honey smoked barbecue sauce ?

cant speak on the latter part but theres a place called:

The N9nes - its a steak and seafood place in The Palms... absolutely amazing... best filet and lobster tail ive had together...

whats also cool is i called the manager over and told him how great the server was and the manager said you know what im gonna comp u into the Playboy Club, The Ghost Bar, and Club Rain all for free.... it was my 21st birthday and it was awesome

cant speak on the latter part but theres a place called:

The N9nes - its a steak and seafood place in The Palms... absolutely amazing... best filet and lobster tail ive had together...

whats also cool is i called the manager over and told him how great the server was and the manager said you know what im gonna comp u into the Playboy Club, The Ghost Bar, and Club Rain all for free.... it was my 21st birthday and it was awesome

That place is freaking delicious! :scat:

I'll be the ass and say it. I've never had a steak that bested my own recipes. Between the plum and peach wood fires, salt and pepper, or my own dry rub blend - I always get narcissistic about my meat. Goes down like butta, full of juicy flavor, and have I mentioned I love steak? I don't see cows, I see wonderful cuts of steak. STEAAAAAK. But If I had to pick a place that has had the best steak so far I'd have to give it to M&S for their amazingly overpriced but delicious filet mignon.

steak-1.jpg

steak2-1.jpg

steak3-1.jpg

juicy juicy juicy steaaaaaaaaak!

I've had some great steaks on my travels nothing beats a genuine Argetine Streak House in my mind. Its a toss up between Gauchos in Amsterdam Sqaure or Cambalache in Canacun. Both where awesome but expensive.

I'll be the ass and say it. I've never had a steak that bested my own recipes. Between the plum and peach wood fires, salt and pepper, or my own dry rub blend - I always get narcissistic about my meat. Goes down like butta, full of juicy flavor, and have I mentioned I love steak? I don't see cows, I see wonderful cuts of steak. STEAAAAAK. But If I had to pick a place that has had the best steak so far I'd have to give it to M&S for their amazingly overpriced but delicious filet mignon.

steak-1.jpg

steak2-1.jpg

steak3-1.jpg

juicy juicy juicy steaaaaaaaaak!

lol classic!

ive eaten at mortons and RC's, and both were good. morton's was probably better, but it costs an arm and a leg so ill prolly not go back.

best place in the twin cities is manny's. the restaurant has a statue of a giant bull with its bull-hood hanging down low for all to see. great steak, also very $$$ tho

around here the best steak in town is from a small supper club called 5'oclock steak house. they sear the steaks at super hot temps so it locks all the juices in. steaks are around $30 but you get salad, a relish tray and sauteed mushrooms with that.

5'oclock was better than mortons, mannys and RC's. and its got the old time feel of a good ole wisconsin supper club to boot.

if you guys are ever in milwaukee, this is the place to go. hands down.

that or maders (but thats traditional german food, completely different category :) )

Last edited:

How do you like to cook your steak? Fast or slow? My dad made great steaks on the bbq... but I've never been able to recreate it.

I like mine medium rare with a hot pink center, so about 7 minutes... I use the jiggle test for doneness.

With a 500 degree fire (You should only be able to hold your hand grate level for less than half a second) and an inch thick cut I let the grates heat up so that when I brush them with oil it should bead up and dissipate almost instantly but not catch fire, throw 'em down for 2 minutes, turn 45 degrees on the same side for another 2 minutes then flip them to finish for the remainder.

If you want a kickass smoked steak keep them refridgerated (don't freeze but colder is better) and then fire up your smoker and at 250 for about 30 minutes you'll have plenty of smoke in the steak then you just grill 'em real quick. Sear the diamonds on and you're pretty much at medium. I do this when I go to the lake and my dad buys everyone 25oz porterhouses. Mesquite and Apple make a killer combo, and then I grill them over a Cherry or Oak wood fire. Wood fired steaks always taste better than gas or charcoal.

...and that's all I have to say about that.

I love a bit of stake and been to quite a few places over in the uk but for the money it costs most of the time it ain't worth it and can honestly the best stake I've had is when my wife's cooks it .

Lovely bit of steak from the super market and cooked to perfection at half the cost

I've had a lot of good steaks in a lot of places. Everywhere i go I always try to have a great steak, probably my favourite I ever had though was at a small steak house in Hobart in Tasmania. Was only a tiny little place on the harbour but had a large fillet steak and my god it was amazing. several free trips to the salad and potato bar and a stunning bottle of wine didn't hurt the evening either!

i enjoy Outback... but hands down the best steak i have had is the Main Filet from Fleming's Steakhouse, pear that with their Fleming's Potatoes, made with cheese and jalepeno! :drool: :hungry::woot: