Your First Zavvi Purchase

Jan 3, 2011
Just made my first SteelBook purchase from Zavvi! Preordered Aliens and bought Children of Men-am a sucker for this film. I can see quite a bit of my money heading towards them in the future.

Remember what your first purchase was?

I haven't ordered from Zavvi yet as I am in the U.S. and have heard the horror stories of people getting damaged steels.. I wonder if I should just suck it up and give them a try? How do you get the best deals in the US on Zavvi steels? Do they typically have sales with cheap combined shipping to the US or anything like that? I would like some of the older releases like The Goonies (one of my favorite movies of all time).

Reactions: acidbrn
First order from Zavvi was The Evil Dead 2 steelbook, The Town & Argo steelbook, then Captain America: The First Avenger steelbook. I just ordered Transformers: ROTF and it hasn't arrived yet, but so far I'm 4/4 w/ no dents or scratches on neither . Hoping I keep this small streak going

My first was place beyond the pines and got tinker tailer soldier spy for a fiver. That was 4th October 2013 lol since then from zavvi (in order) are Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, There Will Be Blood, The Town, Shaun Of The Dead, The Prestige, Hot Fuzz, Transformers ROTF and Most recent Oblivion. List is way longer if I include ones I've cancelled lol

I haven't ordered from Zavvi yet as I am in the U.S. and have heard the horror stories of people getting damaged steels.. I wonder if I should just suck it up and give them a try? How do you get the best deals in the US on Zavvi steels? Do they typically have sales with cheap combined shipping to the US or anything like that? I would like some of the older releases like The Goonies (one of my favorite movies of all time).

I have yet to have a single issue with Zavvi's shipping to the US, but crap happens, so far so good though.

They seem to have weekly sales and they usually email discount codes every couple of weeks. You can also usually find the promotions here on the forums.

I say give it a try, I think more people have had no issues with them then those who have.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

My first was Daredevil as I wanted to test the purchase. Since then I have purchased Frozen, Point Break, Spider man Trilogy, E.T. Transformers revenge of the Fallen.

My first was Daredevil as I wanted to test the purchase. Since then I have purchased Frozen, Point Break, Spider man Trilogy, E.T. Transformers revenge of the Fallen.

I've got too many on pre-order, almost can't remember what all I have. Always fun when I come home to a surprise package sitting in the mailbox!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

My first from Zavvi was Looper. I loved the film when I first went to see it at the cinema, but it didn't really hold up for me on second viewing. Still, it's quite a nice steelbook.

Ordered Iron Man 3 steel book, not sure what to expect exactly, it wouldn't allow me to pay with paypal I am in The United States, also shipping wasn't real clear, will I get charged a different amount for shipping? and I also was wondering about Customs import fees and such but I don't think they will charge for Blu Rays and DVDs. Anyone from America who has bought from Zavvi before please let me know how your purchase was like with shipping and pricing, customs and packaging quality. thanks in advance friends.

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches