Zavvi and Amazon UK prices for the new FOX steelbooks!!!!

Apr 25, 2014
Aylesbury
I can't believe that there has been NO thread discussing the totally outrageous prices for the May 12 & June 2 FOX steelbook waves!!!:angry:

£19.99 on zavvi and not far off that on amazon!!...Alien Ruserrection is £21-99 on zavvi!!! for a re-release of a back catalogue title!!!EEK!

Do FOX actually want to sell these steelbooks or not!!! Considering that Brazil, Cocoon, Sunshine etc... were picked up on amazon for around £11 i find it amazing that these are priced like this!!!

I love collecting steelbooks (currently have 170+) but have found that over the last couple of months steelbook prices are getting ridiculous!!! I for one have turned to 3rd party sellers and Ebay!!!

Anybody else think the same??? Would love to know your thoughts??

Dave.:scat:

Yeah, seems the trend pitching them high...My advise would be to wait up after release and pick them up around the £10 mark. As you say, these are back catalogue titles.

Totally agree. Really don't know what fox is thinking. Even sunshine and brazil wave etc were high priced as well. Im sure they will come down though,it's probably due to the fact fox titles always seem to stick around that now they are trying to make the best profit

Fox waves don't seem to sell out so it's just a matter of waiting for me till the price comes down. Prices are shocking though. Hobbit 2, a 3D movie just released is the same price as old catalogue releases doesn't seem right to me

£14.99 is a good starting point for Back Catalogue. Low enough to tempt the early birds, still with room to drop for the waiters.

Unless it's Beetlejuice, Mars Attacks or V for Vendetta.

Reactions: Man on 1Wire x 6 3
£14.99 is a good starting point for Back Catalogue. Low enough to tempt the early birds, still with room to drop for the waiters.

Unless it's Beetlejuice, Mars Attacks or V for Vendetta.

They weren't re-releases though to be fair, £14.99 for a first release steel was spot on IMO

But yeah, the new Fox wave prices are stupid!

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Do you remember the good old days of Play.com and their £9.99 releases :LOL:

Sadly not, as I wasn't a collector back then! :tear::tear: Was that the cost of Iron Man 1 & 2 originally?

Reactions: dfoles
Do you remember the good old days of Play.com and their £9.99 releases :LOL:

I hate to show my age, but that just just a little before I started collecting.

Now that I've got a real job and income... Lets just say Reddit thinks my steelbook collection is Godly, and they have seen any of you guys' serious collections.

I think it doesn't help when 9 times out of 10 they are simply releasing old masters on blu-ray in a steelbook. With the exception of the forthcoming Good, the Bad and the Ugly I suspect a lot of classic films getting the steelbook release are not even being remastered.

This thread should probably be posted in the 'General Chat' area.

But yes I agree, they are just catalogue releases. If you think anyone would want to pay anywhere near £18-£20 for 'The Omen' then you're thinking out of your ass.

£14 would've sold it for me. Clearly Amazon only have one thing in mind and it's not reasonably priced steelbooks.

Yeah It's annoying when like me you want to preorder straight away at a decent price and then forget about it until release day so you can move on to acquiring your next target ;) but hey the price is bound to come down, patience is a virtue :)