#001 Looper (Variant edition) (Mondo Blu-ray SteelBook) (WEA Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: February 24, 2015
Purchase link: Variant edition
Price: 34.99 Variant
Group Buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir

World Exclusive Art: Yes
Units: 2044 Variant
Finish: Mixed Gloss and Satin

Some of the features of the VARIANT Blu-ray SteelBook:
•Mondo X SteelBook series #001
•Gold variant sleeve sans credits (no credits) individually numbered out of 2044 with a gold bar sticker
•A loving treatment of the art created by Martin Ansin with extra details by the artist himself
•Disc art created specifically for this SteelBook release. Featuring an exact replica of the watch from the movie with rich colour tones
•The timelines are separated by detailed gloss and satin combined complex metallic layering
•Highly detailed metallic effect
•Each piece has been personally designed by Mondo and SteelBook from the front cover to the discs
•Packaged in a translucent sleeve with Mondo X SteelBook branding

00.jpg

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 10.jpg

Exclusive HDN Preview Video

Last edited:
ahah maybe ! it was the one on sainte-catherine. So someone bought a variant without the number for 34.99... thats sad

Similar thing happened to me with Boyhood. I found a Variant edition stuck in with the regular editions on the shelf at my local FS. I was then able to purchase the Variant for the price of the regular. :LOL:

I assume someone returned the Variant to the store and the employees assumed it was the same as the regular.

Careful with the slipcover kids - used a hairdryer to remove barcode, all was fine then seconds later it warped :confused:. Not enough to complete;y ruin it but enough that it will annoy my OCD for eternity :rofl:

Reactions: Travis Bickle
Mondo Looper Gold Variant :)

Just a stunning quality steelbook and it really nice to see Ansins work on Steelbook. His work is my favorite closely followed by Gabz.

The whole package, artwork, colour and sharpness on metal came out perfect! Really great and very pleased with this. Thank you to fellow GB Drum for organising this. :)

IMAG5018.jpg

IMAG5019.jpg IMAG5021.jpg IMAG5026.jpg IMAG5027.jpg IMAG5029.jpg IMAG5031.jpg IMAG5032.jpg IMAG5018.jpg

Shil

Im please to bave managed to pick this up for £16.15 inc p&p on ebay recently. :D

It was still sealed, but seems to have suffered from poor quality control as the back is covered in scuff marks once I opened it up :squint:
20150519_135322.jpg

However Pans Labyrinth is region free. I find this inconsistency odd
Region coding has everything to do with the distributors and what kind of agreements they have with the studios (license owners). Both titles are Mondo X SteelBook releases, but that doesn't indicate what their region coding is.

Looper is distributed in Canada by Alliance Films, Pan's Labyrinth is distributed by Entertainment One (eOne).

Alliance Films titles are usually region locked; at least all Canadian Blu-ray titles in my collection (dozen or so) which are distributed by Alliance, are locked to region A.

Region coding has everything to do with the distributors and what kind of agreements they have with the studios (license owners). Both titles are Mondo X SteelBook releases, but that doesn't indicate what their region coding is.

Looper is distributed in Canada by Alliance Films, Pan's Labyrinth is distributed by Entertainment One (eOne).

Alliance Films titles are usually region locked; at least all Canadian Blu-ray titles in my collection (dozen or so) which are distributed by Alliance, are locked to region A.

As of 2013 there is no Alliance, it's all eOne.

Your right it is all based on the agreements with the studio but that changes from title to title.

As of 2013 there is no Alliance, it's all eOne.
Ah, I see. I just went with the disc, as my Mondo X SteelBook Looper variant edition has no information about the distributor whatsoever. No text on the PET slip at all.

The disc is exactly the same (same disc ID) as the Alliance Blu-ray releases (SteelBook and plastic case) of 2012-12-31. Seems like it has been convenient or necessary for eOne to use the same discs.

Your right it is all based on the agreements with the studio but that changes from title to title.
Absolutely. That's why I said "usually" even when all my Alliance titles (and others I was able to check) are region locked :)