Release date: July 28th, 2015
Purchase link: Target.com
Price: $24.99
Group buy: apsmith21
Notes: Region Free.

f1.png

f2.pngf5.pngf6.pngfg31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit late to the party but just managed to get a new copy off ebay for £23 delivered. I didn't realise there were quality issues with this steelbook until I started reading through this thread. I must have lucked out as I can't find a single paint chip or scratch. Do people really think there were a significant number of these steelbooks with issues? What are Mondo steelbooks like in general, quality wise? The only other Mondo I own is Dredd and that, like Flash, is in perfect condition.

Bit late to the party but just managed to get a new copy off ebay for £23 delivered. I didn't realise there were quality issues with this steelbook until I started reading through this thread. I must have lucked out as I can't find a single paint chip or scratch. Do people really think there were a significant number of these steelbooks with issues? What are Mondo steelbooks like in general, quality wise? The only other Mondo I own is Dredd and that, like Flash, is in perfect condition.
I think all Steelbooks have issues, some are more widespread than others though. Occasionally there are manufacturing issues, I think the chances of getting a perfect Steelbook are pretty low these days. Most Mondo Steelbooks aren't known for having major issues as far as I know though.

I think all Steelbooks have issues, some are more widespread than others though. Occasionally there are manufacturing issues, I think the chances of getting a perfect Steelbook are pretty low these days. Most Mondo Steelbooks aren't known for having major issues as far as I know though.

The first USA wave from Target was plagued with paint chips, scratches and other issues. The second wave with Reservoir Dogs and Highlander was better.

Mondo steels are supposed to be a premium product, and have less defects than other mass produced steelbooks, and I hope they've solved the issue going forward.

I'm fairly certain that other early Mondo steels from Future Shop ran into issues as well.

The first USA wave from Target was plagued with paint chips, scratches and other issues. The second wave with Reservoir Dogs and Highlander was better.

Mondo steels are supposed to be a premium product, and have less defects than other mass produced steelbooks, and I hope they've solved the issue going forward.

I'm fairly certain that other early Mondo steels from Future Shop ran into issues as well.
I remember you saying there was some issues with Shaun of the Dead Andy, I wasn't sure about Flash Gordon. Hopefully the QC improves in the future!:)

I remember you saying there was some issues with Shaun of the Dead Andy, I wasn't sure about Flash Gordon. Hopefully the QC improves in the future!:)

Yeah, @Wreck got a TON of problems with his Flash. I had a number with issues as well.

Throw in the bends on the clear slipcovers and there were enough defects to make a lot of people upset (considering they were paying a premium for a CATALOG release, LOL)

Crossing fingers they do a better job in the future as well. :thumbs:

Reactions: Sigill
wow, just seeing the pics of the Sam Jones signed steelbooks for the first time. From the looks of it I'd say they used a dry erase marker to sign them.

expo-vis-a-vis-fine-point-wet-erase-markers-set-of-4-assorted-colors-059178-art-education-marker-highlighter-14.gif

Some were better than others, but def some smear like on some ... I think a lot had to do with the high gloss on steel. You gotta have like a brand new sharpie I presume to do those just right. I didnt send a new sharpie in box for Flash, but did with John Carpenter

Attended a private screening of Life After Flash last night. Really enjoyed it. Funny, insightful, tragic. Some very noticeable absences from cast members who I can only assume refused to be interviewed, but overall really good.

I’m even listed as a backer in the credits :)