FFO, Germany
Release date: January 18th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £19.99

HDN Exclusive article here

01.jpg

02.jpg03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A few questions regarding the placing of the U.S. AND CANADIAN CERTIFICATION STAMPS on Mondo steelbooks and on how it is presented for sale:-

1) Are the stamps printed on or stickered to the see-through slipcover ?
2) Are the stamps stickered to the steelbook itself with printed stamps on the slip ?
3) Is the steelbook factory sealed with the slip loose or is the whole package sealed?

Zooming the image there's something I hadn't noticed before and that is "S T E E L B O O K" printed in capitals down the spine and was wondering if this is a sticker or a permanent feature / part of the design.
I'm sure we all know it's a steelbook and not a supermarket chicken so I suppose it must be a design 'feature'.
Are they all like that ?

Just checked my PIMP MY RIDE steelbook (even though it's not classed as a steelbook) and noticed that the stamps are indeed printed on the see-through slipcover

Last edited:
A few questions regarding the placing of the U.S. AND CANADIAN CERTIFICATION STAMPS on Mondo steelbooks and on how it is presented for sale:-

1) Are the stamps printed on or stickered to the see-through j-card ?
2) Are the stamps stickered to the steelbook itself with printed stamps on the slip ?
3) Is the steelbook factory sealed with the slip loose or is the whole package sealed?

Zooming the image there's something I hadn't noticed before and that is "S T E E L B O O K" printed in capitals down the spine and was wondering if this is a sticker or a permanent feature / part of the design.
I'm sure we all know it's a steelbook and not a supermarket chicken so I suppose it must be a design 'feature'.
Are they all like that ?

Just checked my PIMP MY RIDE steelbook (even though it's not classed as a steelbook) and noticed that the stamps are indeed printed on the see-through slipcover
The ratings logo are all printed on the Slipcover. The slipcover and Steelbook are sealed together. All the Mondo Steels have the Steelbook logo printed on the spines.

• Informative
Reactions: virkia and IRON MAN
All of the Mondo Steelbooks from Canada/USA

The Slips
The back of the slipscover have the disc details info and rating logos and other info
The front of the slips have the Mondo Steelbook logo

With Best Buy releases you also have on the front Best Buy logo

Hopefully the UK releases will only have the age rating logo on the back of the slip and not also on the front but I expect that might happen

If any of you new to Mondo Steelbooks each of the previous releases have actual photos from members in each of the release threads
The photos show the Steelbook with the Slip and without the slip

The slipcovers are like a Jcard but are much better as they are part of the Steelbook artwork and also have the bonus of protecting the Steelbook from scratches etc

Here is an example of one of the slips
This one been Ex_Machina
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
If this has rating logos I also hope they are removable.
I have a feeling this slip (for uk/ US & Canada) will not have any design complimenting the steel (like the front of drive for example) except the standard mondo steelbook bar going across the front and the blu Ray bit on the top left. Wonder if that will say zavvi exclusive instead of futureshop exclusive !?

All of the mondo Steelbooks the slip has design elements to blend with the artwork

The back of all the mondo slips have printed text with disc info and age rating logos etc

What might be different with the U.K. Release is age rating on the front as well as been on the back

I just hope the ones on the front are removable I would be surprised if there was none on the front

As the age rating stamps are printed on the U.S. and Canadian editions there is clearly no argument to be made for removable BBFC stamps stickered to the U.K. edition.

Looking again at PIMP MY RIDE - which is a bit OTT with 6 stamps - 2 on the front + 2 on the back + 2 on the spine - I would hope that this Mondo / Zavvi only has them printed on the back (and on the front if they must) but please not on the spine.

Last edited:
Members are talking about the front of the steelbook translucent sleeve not the back of the sleeve

The front of the translucent sleeve will most likely have an age rating logo as UK Blu-ray releases do on the front of a jcard and this also happened with the UK true detective translucent sleeve it was printed on the front of the sleeve while every other countries release it was not and the german release it was a removable sticker on the front while the UK was printed and a lot of collectors ordered the german release for that reason instead of the UK version

If the age rating logo as expected will be on the UK release on the front it needs to be removable so it dont affect the front slip artwork design as with these Mondo translucent sleeve the front of the sleeve is actually part of the steelbook artwork itself
The translucent sleeve is not like a Jcard you don't need to keep on the steelbook or throw out into a bin like some do with a Jcard
The translucent sleeve is a big part of the Mondo design and you keep it on

Majority of steelbook collectors don't want age rating logo on a front of a steelbook it was a big issue in the past with them been printed on the front of a steelbook itself and with lot of feedback from steelbook collectors and web forums like HDN the film studios listened to this feedback and went with removable stickers or only on a jcard as that is what steelbook collectors wanted the front been a clean steelbook with no rating logos printed

The Mondo translucent sleeve is not a Jcard like you get with other steelbooks and should not be even considered be in the same league as it not something you don't need to keep on the steelbook its part of the steelbook itself

Disc information and age rating on the back of the translucent sleeve is fine and that is not an issue well for some it might be
It is not fine with majority of collectors if age rating is printed on the front and will affect sales of UK Mondo releases if they are printed on the front as collectors will get a release from abroad instead of a UK release if this happens

Steelbook collectors don't want a return of age rating logos on the front of a steelbook it is considered sacrilege to have them printed
HDN staff just recently made sure that did not happen with Zombieland they made sure the UK 15 age rating was removable sticker on the front of the slipcover

Last edited:
All of the mondo Steelbooks the slip has design elements to blend with the artwork

The back of all the mondo slips have printed text with disc info and age rating logos etc

What might be different with the U.K. Release is age rating on the front as well as been on the back

I just hope the ones on the front are removable I would be surprised if there was none on the front

Drive mondo don't have any design on the front slip to complement the steel, just the standard blu Ray digital copy on the top left and mondo steelbook future shop exclusive on the bar going accross the slip. The back does but were not on about that.

Do you reakon the zavvi version will have "zavvi exclusive" instead of futureshop on the slip?

Drive mondo don't have any design on the front slip to complement the steel, just the standard blu Ray digital copy on the top left and mondo steelbook future shop exclusive on the bar going accross the slip. The back does but were not on about that.

Do you reakon the zavvi version will have "zavvi exclusive" instead of futureshop on the slip?
I can't see it having Best Buy on it, (Future Shop is no more). I imagine they will be creating a new slip with the UK logos so it may have Zavvi exclusive on the front.

Reactions: Flloydo
I can't see it having Best Buy on it, (Future Shop is no more). I imagine they will be creating a new slip with the UK logos so it may have Zavvi exclusive on the front.

I keep forgetting about futureshop being no more.
Yeah I reakon it will have zavvi exclusive on it, would be a bit weird to have Best Buy exclusive.
Have to wait and see.
Cheers

I can't see it having a zavvi sign on it to be honest, the target editions never had a target sign so can't see zavvi getting special treatment.

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
Thank you for pre-ordering Reservoir Dogs - Mondo X Steelbook - UK Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook with Zavvi

We just wanted to let you know that the price of this item has dropped to 28.19 EUR and in accordance with our pre-order price promise you will only pay this new lower price.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Zavvi Customer Service Team

I reordered just incase the price don't change in my previous order and used ZVC5 5% discount code and got it for €26.97
I did this before they sent the above email
The ZVC5 Code was working before 18.00 and it was live at 17.44 but after 18.00 they stopped the code working on Reservoir Dogs :rofl: