Price: £24.99
Notes: Art by Tom Whalen

11958902-1394625055309639.jpg

11958902-1514625054483922.jpg

11958902-2114625054649648.jpg

11958902-1484625054350611.jpg

11958902-1574625054833650.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah this is me out of the Mondo line now....got them all up to this point but I can't justify £25 for a one disc steelbook, these are priced too high.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Wasn't there a post by someone (FN?) in one of the threads about meeting Tom Whalen at a comic con (New York?) and him mentioning that Disney was going to turn all of his animated Disney movie prints into Mondo X steelbooks? Perhaps explaining the missing numbers 22-28?

yes, thats very likely unfortunately :-/

Wasn't there a post by someone (FN?) in one of the threads about meeting Tom Whalen at a comic con (New York?) and him mentioning that Disney was going to turn all of his animated Disney movie prints into Mondo X steelbooks? Perhaps explaining the missing numbers 22-28?

Yes, but he indicated it was someone else that told him that news (or it was announced there) but it wasn't Whalen who said it.

Reactions: Stygian
Yeah this is me out of the Mondo line now....got them all up to this point but I can't justify £25 for a one disc steelbook, these are priced too high.

Do you figure the prices getting higher are due to the fact that they are Disney releases?
I agree that the price is making the mondo line less attractive and I would like to see a variety instead of all Disney films going forward.

Do you figure the prices getting higher are due to the fact that they are Disney releases?
I agree that the price is making the mondo line less attractive and I would like to see a variety instead of all Disney films going forward.

1) I would agree Disney prices
2) It's been said that Mondo "art rights" aren't cheap previously
3) Zavvi has to make their margin too

Reactions: Wreck
Guess the good news is the Mondo number is printed on the spine and not the slip like the upcoming wave from WB, so at least this will probably stay with Zavvi.

We can guess the print run couldn’t likely be as ginormous as the other WB ones.

25 quid for a 1-disc steelbook with designs by a famous artist is only expensive if you don't like the art/artist . . . here we have one of the best around with his THE INCREDIBLES long OOP.

That said, all of the other previous UK Mondo X releases - including the best RESERVOIR DOGS (spine no.13) and the worst LABYRINTH (spine no.16) - were heavily discounted (under £10) during their lifetimes and only the other day I bought WE ARE X (no. 19) from Base.com for £6.99.
Olly Moss' THE JUNGLE BOOK (no. 21) also sliding to £17.99.

The cut off of Ariel's fin really bothers me.
Like the art isn't fully complete as on the print.

The more I look at it, the more I hover over the cancel button.

The cut off of Ariel's fin really bothers me.
Like the art isn't fully complete as on the print. The more I look at it, the more I hover over the cancel button.
Colour me surprised if the tip of the tail fin is not on the lower opening edge:-
1543339275176.png
1543339884864.png

Last edited:
I am sure it will be. But aesthetically that still looks wrong when viewed straight on. I would have preferred the image to have been scaled down slightly to get the full shot like in the artwork version.
Agree with you but certainly wouldn't be the first time artwork continues over the opening edges/s . . . worst offender by a mile being the recent Alicia Vikander TOMB RAIDER steelbook.

Agree with you but certainly wouldn't be the first time artwork continues over the opening edges/s . . . worst offender by a mile being the recent Alicia Vikander TOMB RAIDER steelbook.

Or it could be completely clipped like the Best Buy Ant-man & the wasp steelbook - design doesn't continue over the edge. :(

Or it could be completely clipped like the Best Buy Ant-man & the wasp steelbook - design doesn't continue over the edge. :(
Yes, that's very odd that one with the design stopping on the US steelbook but continuing over the edges on the ROW steelbook :confused:

They should start billing for this one soon, right? Got it on preorder, but damn the price + (new) shipping is too much :( For me it's 35€ delivered...

Of course. I just went to cancel it and the second I logged in, I received the text message that my card was charged. Well...problem solved regarding my indecision :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
Of course. I just went to cancel it and the second I logged in, I received the text message that my card was charged. Well...problem solved regarding my indecision :rofl:

In the steelbook game, we're sometimes on the reverse of that conversation.

"Whoops, forgot to change my card and now I've missed out!"

But glad it worked out for you this time. :thumbs:

Reactions: Raimi