Release date: July 25th, 2016
Purchase link: HMV UK
Price: £22.99
HDN Group Buy: Hosted by Naughtius Maximus

1.jpg

2.jpg

kr_SWCHn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed it has a frame around the front on the mock up so it looks like it will be embossed and the "monsters come in many forms" is missing.

@Noodles also it Looks like the inside art is the green poster with emmet but horizontal.
So the Steelbook will include all 3 of those posters.

Reactions: Noodles
Just noticed it has a frame around the front on the mock up so it looks like it will be embossed and the "monsters come in many forms" is missing.

@Noodles also it Looks like the inside art is the green poster with emmet but horizontal.
So the Steelbook will include all 3 of those posters.
Nice one dude. OP updated. :thumbs:

I think it looks a lot better without all the text. Where have you seen/heard that the interior will be the green poster though? I can't see any photos of it on HMV.

Reactions: Flloydo
Nice one dude. OP updated. :thumbs:

I think it looks a lot better without all the text. Where have you seen/heard that the interior will be the green poster though? I can't see any photos of it on HMV.

Sorry forgot to mention where I see it. It's in the mock up on the US or Canadian thread. Can't see this having different inside art considering the rest is the same

Yeah it does look better without the tag line. Would be even better if the price was a bit more reasonable lol

Reactions: Noodles
According to info just spotted on Scanavo's site:

- Artwork commissioned especially for this steelbook.
- Is a throwback to a 1960's style of poster design.
- Same release for The Americas, rest of Europe and the U.K.
- SATIN finish

No mention of 'EMBOSSING/DEBOSSING though there appears to be the faint outline of a FRAMING BORDER on the mock-up which seems pointless if that's true.

Every site I've checked for the U.K. has this down as 1disc (1xBD 50) but the mock-up at Scanavo clearly shows two disc holders/hubs. Puzzling or what !?
Logic tells me that the inside shown here is for The States/Canada with their regulation DVD copies and the ROW will just have the one disc holder/hub.
Logic also tells me that if it's a one disc hub everywhere the 2 discs (1xBD,1xDVD) for The Americas will be stacked as in THE MIST steelbook.

This ?
10_CLOVERFIELD_LANE_PACKSHOT_INSIDE_OPEN.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Or this ?
image-jpeg.230080

Like the art but do not like the price so sent message to HMV requesting they change it to GBP 19.99 in line with the majority of their 2D one disc steelbooks.

Lol. Will probably be £12.99 in couple of months anyway

LOL . . . you may think that and you may well be right (about the GBP 12.99) but I'd just like to add the following snippet:-

RE: HMV ONLINE ONLY: As you know HMV do not make a habit of reducing the prices of the majority of their exclusives, unlike Zavvi for example, although there are very welcome exceptions that I've benefitted from recently such as FANTASTIC 4 for GBP 9.99 on the 22/4 (X-V UK), EVEREST for GBP 12.99 on the 23/4 (HMV), STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON for GBP 12.99 on the 24/4 (HMV), STAR WARS 5: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK for GBP 11.49 on the 24/4 (X-V UK), SCORCH TRIALS for GBP 12.99 on the 25/4 (HMV), SOUTHPAW and SHERLOCK: SEASONS 1 - 3 for GBP 7.99 each on the 24/5 (HMV).

Regarding the 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE steelbook with its interesting (to me anyway) retro artwork no way do I see a sub 10 quid price in my crystal ball.
At the same time I do not understand the pricing of this steel @GBP 22.99 . . . and that was the reason for my message to HMV.

If this steel is going to be available in multiple territories then of course a reduced price in the future is a given (and is probably one of the reasons for many Zavvi reductions when the same steel is available from Amazon.It, for example, for half the price) but the only editions I can see at present - with a 2 - 3 week release date :OMG: - are from the U.S./ Canada (Best Buy) and Germany and if this is going to be available in all other European territories then they'd better pull their fingers out and add this steel to the database POST-HASTE.

P.S. I :drool:this steelbook. Let the haters hate it (what do they know anyway)

i was actually hoping this would get a steelbook release. that artwork, however, sucks.

it would make sense to do retro artwork for an alfred hitchcock film, or you know, a film that retro artwork would actually be relevant for... its retro just for the sake of it.. or as i think, thats just their marketing jibberish to try to excuse yet another steelbook release getting a pointless graphic design style of artwork. done poorly too.

as was already mentioned, they used the same art for front, back and inside. oh, but just change the hue and swap a male silhouette for a female one makes it alright... its unacceptable.

one word to describe it would be- crap

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Shame that hardly anybody here "gets" or appreciates the artwork for this steelbook or can see the Hitchcock film connection and the Saul Bass artwork connection - I mean, I can see the connection between this film and some of The Master's claustrophobic thrillers and that's just from reading some of the reviews (and I haven't even been to see it yet).
Maybe unfamiliarity with Saul Bass artwork, Hitchcock films set in confined spaces, Bernard Hermann Hitchcock film music etc. should be no surprise to me here.

"Graphic designer Saul Bass set the standard for cinema posters, producing a string of iconographic images for such directors as Alfred Hitchcock, Otto Preminger, Stanley Kubrick and Martin Scrosese. His unrivalled ability to capture the essence of a film with a simple, striking image showed just how effective a minimal approach could be in shaping audience perceptions, even before the film had been watched." Profound4Design

I'll leave the last word to Saul Bass himself:-

Saul Bass

"

Last edited:
5086553_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=550;canvasWidth=642

^10 CLOVERFIELD LANE - NORTH AMERICA
Artwork comissioned especially for this SteelBook® is a throwback to a 1960’s style of poster design.

01-288716.jpg

^10 CLOVERFIELD LANE - U.K.

According to Scanavo: "The SteelBook® edition has a cool artwork treated with DEBOSSING of the TITLE treatment and SPOT GLOSS".
We already know to expect a SATIN FINISH.

DIfferences between the 2 steelbook editions are worth mentioning (some obvious, others less so):-

U.S.
- More print on the front.
- 2 disc holder with inside layout pictured (see post 48 above) and no single spindle for both discs - 1 x BD, 1 x DVD.
- Satin finish
- No spot gloss
- No de-bossed title
- $31.98 from Best Buy ($27.99 + $3.99 shipping within the U.S.).

U.K.
- 1 disc holder for the 1 x BD
- Satin finish
- Spot gloss
- De-bossed title
- GBP 22.99

No need to comment on which edition is preferable . . . stands to reason, however, that this is going to be a very handsome item in the flesh whichever edition is chosen.

Last edited:
C'mon HMV pull your finger out and price this @GBP 19.99 so that I can pre-order it (as you've just done for ATTACK ON TITAN PART 1).

C'mon HMV pull your finger out and price this @GBP 19.99 so that I can pre-order it (as you've just done for ATTACK ON TITAN PART 1).

Is £19.99 a price you think they "should" charge?