UK Exclusives Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfury

AlienGreyhoundSteel
Premium Supporter
Mar 18, 2011
Back home in Cornwall, UK
I would like to help the community but need a little bit of help first. Your thoughts on a multiple Group Buy would be appreciated.

Whilst we had a bit of a debacle over Source Code it eventually got itself sorted.

Therefore as we in the UK have several Exclusives coming in through {param} October, into the beginning of November I thought I'd offer a multiple Group Buy based on these. Specifically these are:

{param}
17th October Green Lantern (HMV Exclusive) This has been hived off into a separate GB.
17th October Pulp Fiction (play.com exclusive) This has been hived off into a separate GB.
31st October X-Men: First Class (play.com exclusive) This has been hived off into a separate GB.
14th November Touch of Evil (HMV Exclusive) This has been hived off into a separate GB.

I would be grateful for some feedback here first so that I can guage whether this would be worthwhile venture.

(I noticed that Masterblaster has closed down 2 Group Buys due to lack of interest, both of which are listed above. If there is the similar lack of interest then this too would be closed down, Pulp Fiction excepted.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Surf-thanks for reaching out to the community! Your willingness to help is always appreciated!

A few thoughts....

You may get the most interest from the Play.com Exclusives, if any, since Play doesn't ship outside of the EU. For HMV, they ship outside of EU, so it may make more sense to order direct. However, despite the latter, some members may prefer to have someone in the UK that can check the Steels when they arrive at their address, before sending them on, as opposed to dealing with a damaged Steel when ordering direct.

Good luck!
DB

Reactions: surfury
Would appreciate some feedback here (rather than PM's although always welcome) purely because I am clearing my Inbox and PM's in general and don't want to miss anything.

Am I off my head doing this? Approx costing will be between £17 and £20 per steel with a maximum postage charge of about £19 if Tracked postage if going Worldwide (Airsure), cheaper options are available upon request. Total cost for all 6 Steels and postage comes to £130, or approx USD210; say 3 Easi Payments of USD70 per month could be arranged if folks want all 6 (one payment in Sept, another in Oct and final one in Nov). All Funds payable in USD with buyer responsible for fees.

If this appeals then I'll update the OP and we'll start to roll with this. I will check the Steels as best I can within limitations of Shrinkwrap, I am not liable for any marks not visible due to paper packaging. As it will take some time from start to finish all Steels will be bubblewrapped immediately on receipt and photos of your package can be provided if required.

Last edited:
I guess it really depends on how you want to send the steelbooks. A friend of mine just sent me two, with extra wrap and cardboard - and the postage was something like £6.50 via Royal Mail (not sure the exact service).

We've done many, many trades so I have no problem with him sending that way - typically takes 8 - 10 business days, but I've had them arrive as fast as 5 days.

SO, I would also mention it depends on how comfortable folks are with you - but getting it tracked really adds to the cost.

Of course, if someone doesn't get a tracking number, I would also assume that they can't pay you via a regular paypal payment.

I'm just mentioning this as I'm not sure how many folks would want them all - rather than a subset of them.

Hey Surf-already PM'ed you-but if possible, please add me for 2 Pulps. Thanks again for offering to help people with these!

DB

Andy, I'm happy to do deals for, say 2 or 3, if that's all that's wanted. If people don't want Tracking again that's fine by me too and I'd ALWAYS get Proof of Posting but that has to be buyer's choice not mine. Also the idea of 3 easy payments is that then extends the buyer's payment option period not me trying to grab money. I hope my record speaks for itself, to my professional mind the figures above are missing at least three or four zeroes off the end. Those are the sort of figures I personally have been used to dealing with for the last 30 years.

Last edited:
Hey Surf-it definitely depends on the buyer and how new you are with trading with each other, in regards to "tracking" vs "no tracking". Most folks I mail to, have sent me items before, and over time, we've gotten to know each other a little more, so tracking is not necessary. However, I always ask for references for new traders, as our forum is committed to keeping unsavory situations to a minimum for all involved.

We're super excited that you're willing to help, but since you are relatively new here, in terms of group buys, feel free to visit the "Trading Tips" thread, and PM either of us privately to flush out any details, if you have any questions:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: surfury
Added X-Men: First Class (UK) (play.com Exclusive). Due 31st October so could join forces with Pulp Fiction (due on 17th October). Doing Group Buy for both. Please note play.com being silly with their restrictive practises again limiting to 5 per account (their classification of "a household").

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.