USA
Thor Blu-Ray Steelbook [Japan]

Release date of October 21st, 2011.

Purchase link: Amazon JP

thor_steelbook_main_600._V153533678_.jpg

Just a look at what makes this steelbook edition "special":

Thor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great find DB , and its cheap as Chips , compared to the Thai release !! ,
I will deffo get this as it has the 3D disc too :D

Last edited:
Looks identical to the HMV release. I'm sticking with that one, especially since I don't have a 3DTV.

Apparantly this only has the 2D disc & DvD in it :( , I am still gonna grab it as it is sooo much cleaner with no Age markings on it , and I am still getting my Muller Helmet aswell ;)

Reactions: Shanester
I agree topcat2 this one looks "cleaner" + Amazon.JP release very high quality steelbooks. I don't mind paying the extra price for it. The UK steelbooks comes out b4 so if it turns out to be the same without any logos then I may get that one instead.

Last edited:
I just got an Email from HMV and they are saying their Thor steel book has the stickers on it.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the site.

To clarify, you are stating that your e-mail from HMV is indicating that the UK version has the ratings logos as stickers.

Does amazon Japan ship to the US??
Yes, but shipment cost not cheap, I notice Japan only ship using Courier services - example DHL to my country (Malaysia).

More image:

71u7kP1kXcL._AA1200_.jpg

51yR4aLpz8L.jpg

They is some specification on Amazon site:
Steelbook size: 15.5mm thick horizontal 136mm x 172mm x height

From measurement given by Amazon, it seems is G2, but slightly higher? If not mistaken G2 is 161mm right?

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtyoak
They use dhl for all shipment outside Japan, but they are real fast though.
Ordered Narnia, a-team, knight & day with Thor, the rest reaches me in the next 3 days.
Well packed now, even when they ship in a single disc.

Reactions: DJ IXS