Cars 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Street Date: 18 Nov, 2011

TW_Cars2_Back.jpg

:drool::drool::drool: Super gloss like a real car!

PURCHASE LINK :
YesAsia.com
JSDVD.com

Inside art:
TW_Cars2_Inside.jpg

Attachments

• TW_Cars2_Front.jpg
    TW_Cars2_Front.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: goufcustom and Rand
I pre-ordered the Taiwanese version too this time since that looks to be the only one with a Chinese slipcover (for Lion King it was at least). What is that bottom picture of, another version of the Cars 2 Steelbook?

I pre-ordered the Taiwanese version too this time since that looks to be the only one with a Chinese slipcover (for Lion King it was at least). What is that bottom picture of, another version of the Cars 2 Steelbook?

I would guess that bottom picture is of the cover slip case for the steelbook which would be super awesome! Steelbooks need as much protection as they can get :D

Hmmm good question .... same steel, but I guess perhaps Korea and Taiwan had the same (share) ... so I guess Asian lettering is universal to both Korea and Taiwan? What is it? Mandarin?

The text shown on the cover of the steelbook on YesAsia is Mandarin - specifically traditional Chinese (use in Taiwan and Hong Kong) to differentiate from the simplified Chinese on the mainland China. I have not seen the Korean version of this one but it will most likely be Korean text if the copy came from k2dvd.com (the text will look very similar to the cover of War of the Arrows).

This one is high gloss and has a very nice overall design especially the background art of both covers.

The one I scanned and own is the yesasia one .... so its correct for this thread. I have a KR one coming so I will be able to do a side by side analysis :)

Reactions: ash333
The one I scanned and own is the yesasia one .... so its correct for this thread. I have a KR one coming so I will be able to do a side by side analysis :)

Based on the picture on K2, it might not have the cardboard slip like the Taiwanese version. But you never know, so fingers crossed the Korean version is not just the plain steelbook. Definitely looking forward to your analysis John as I will most likely jump in and grab the Korean version myself if it has its own cardboard slipcover.

Based on the picture on K2, it might not have the cardboard slip like the Taiwanese version. But you never know, so fingers crossed the Korean version is not just the plain steelbook. Definitely looking forward to your analysis John as I will most likely jump in and grab the Korean version myself if it has its own cardboard slipcover.
Same here, so will await your reply and if it does come with the slip then Ill also consider getting one ;)

So I finally got this today and I'm very pleased with it, it'd have been even better had the Cars 2 bit been embossed but still I love it and I prefer it over the Korean one just because of the slip looks nicer :D

I prefer the Korean version as it too comes with a decent slip and Bonus BD (3D / 2D / Bonus BD which isn't included in the Taiwan or any other SB release except for Sweden which has the 2D Blu-ray and Bonus BD.

What LG is TRYING to say is that its a lovely steel, certainly the best Cars 2 design out there :p

p.s. i have this version, it's lovely :)