13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi - In theaters January 15, 2016

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Michael Bay[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Pablo Schreiber[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Krasinski[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Denman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Toby Stephens[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max Martini[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Badge Dale[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Costabile[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elektra Anastasi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexia Barlier[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Liisa Evastina[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dominic Fumusa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Demetrius Grosse[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Steffi Thake[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kerim Troeller[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenny Sheard[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-01-15[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: An American Ambassador is killed during an attack at a U.S. compound in Libya as a security team struggles to make sense out of the chaos.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
mtSVCyGXXWTjh64VtHZiSTSXu3j.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Source: ComingSoon.net

From director Michael Bay, the true Benghazi tale is based on Mitchell Zuckoff’s recently released book, officially described as follows:

“13 Hours” presents, for the first time ever, the true account of the events of September 11, 2012, when terrorists attacked the US State Department Special Mission Compound and a nearby CIA station called the Annex in Benghazi, Libya. A team of six American security operators fought to repel the attackers and protect the Americans stationed there. Those men went beyond the call of duty, performing extraordinary acts of courage and heroism, to avert tragedy on a much larger scale. This is their personal account, never before told, of what happened during the thirteen hours of that now-infamous attack.

The feature film version, from Paramount Pictures, is set to star Pablo Schreiber, John Krasinski, James Badge Dale, David Denman, Max Martini and Dominic Fumusa and will hit the big screen January 15, 2016. Chuck Hogan (The Town) has adapted the screenplay for the project, which is set up at Paramount Pictures with Erwin Stoff producing.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Drum18 Yup. Thats the ONLY theater playing it in BC (its about an hour away from me, not sure if I feel like going all that way for it).

Looks like its only playing in 1 theater in Montreal too...
Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 10.41.50 AM.png

Wonder why Canada is getting shafted!?

Reactions: ash333
@Drum18 Yup. Thats the ONLY theater playing it in BC (its about an hour away from me, not sure if I feel like going all that way for it).

Looks like its only playing in 1 theater in Montreal too...
View attachment 212625

Wonder why Canada is getting shafted!?
Maybe it's because we're Thursday and the next week (starting tomorrow) schedule ain't out yet?

@Drum18 But it is! All my theaters around me have their showings out. The closest theater to me (that always gets EVERYTHING cause it's one of the biggest in BC) doesn't have it listed all week.

@Drum18 But it is! All my theaters around me have their showings out. The closest theater to me (that always gets EVERYTHING cause it's one of the biggest in BC) doesn't have it listed all week.
Well then, maybe we just get a Limited release... Dunno...

Well then, maybe we just get a Limited release... Dunno...

But @Drum18 ! You must know these things! You are the smart one out of all of us.

@ash333 Haha Sounds not too bad actually. Make my way down to Seattle for the day, Catch the movie. Maybe extend the road trip a bit and go to Cali. Grab some In-N-Out burger. Go to Disneyland. Could be a pretty good weekend! lol

But @Drum18 ! You must know these things! You are the smart one out of all of us.

@ash333 Haha Sounds not too bad actually. Make my way down to Seattle for the day, Catch the movie. Maybe extend the road trip a bit and go to Cali. Grab some In-N-Out burger. Go to Disneyland. Could be a pretty good weekend! lol
@kaw WOW! :woot: That does sound like a damn good weekend! :thumbs:

In-N-Out? I had me a fat burger on Tuesday! :hungry: Next time I'll send you some pics! :D :emb:
Nope... you shall refer to @bloodsnake007 or his wife Alicia:p
@Drum18 LOL! :p
My services are always available... for a small fee of course! :naughty: Just feed me Tacos and Cervezas to get this engine going!
taco_dance_by_mirz123.gif
beer-smiley-emoticon.png
:hilarious:

It is not what had expected of a Michael Bay movie but it exceeded my expectations - very impressed with the acting (man John K from Chuck is especially good), the pacing is spot on, cinematography superb on a Sony 4K theater and the audio mix was not overwhelming but immersive, effective and extremely powerful. I like it a lot and hoping this one comes out on UHD Blu-ray with Dolby Atmos in a very nice SteelBook :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dboy99 and kaw
This was enjoyable, but not nearly as good as other recent military movies such as American Sniper, Lone Survivor or Zero Dark Thirty. I thought this was a better Act of Valor and minus some pretty cliche dialogue, it wasn't as blatantly marred by typical Michael Bay tropes.

The first hour is relatively slow, but there is definitely plenty of action afterwards. As with other Michael Bay movies, this movie looks amazing and the special effects are first class. The acting from John Krasinski and James Badge Dale was serviceable to good and the other supporting characters were fine in their roles. John Kransinski will always be Jim from the Office to me, but the thick beard and the ripped body helped make him believable as a military guy. I do wish some of the action was a bit more clear and there are a few small character details that seemed to potential be big, but ended up being nothing. The ending was a bit anticlimactic as well but assuming this is loosely based on a true event, you can't ding it too much for that.

Again I don't think people should watch movies to get accurate portrayals of real events as rarely are they ever 100% accurate, so taking this as a loose interpretation, it's not bad. If you like military movies, this is on the average but watchable scale and worth a watch in theaters just because the film visually looks great. If you're not an action/military movie fan, you're better off waiting for this to be on video/streaming for free.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
review from IMdB

"Was not expecting much, honestly.

Incredible movie, excellent acting, fast paced, suspenseful.

Far better than The Reverant, more believable* and way more deserving of Oscars. (*hypothermia)

The insanity of what happened to those people, both Americans and Arabs was portrayed with compassion, humanity and leaves me wondering how this could have actually happened.

Overall, a great film, raising more questions than answers.

Reading more online about the events, and those after, makes it look like ugly politics.

Still the film instills a sense of patriotism, American heroism and reaffirms that America is the greatest nation, and people in history."

will not ever watch this film. another gung ho flag waving piece of ...

review from IMdB

"Was not expecting much, honestly.

Incredible movie, excellent acting, fast paced, suspenseful.

Far better than The Reverant, more believable* and way more deserving of Oscars. (*hypothermia)

The insanity of what happened to those people, both Americans and Arabs was portrayed with compassion, humanity and leaves me wondering how this could have actually happened.

Overall, a great film, raising more questions than answers.

Reading more online about the events, and those after, makes it look like ugly politics.

Still the film instills a sense of patriotism, American heroism and reaffirms that America is the greatest nation, and people in history."

will not ever watch this film. another gung ho flag waving piece of ...
fde.jpg

Reactions: ash333
The specials especially the interviews with the actual guys, their presence on the set, relationships with the actors, their walk through of the set and the reception at the premiere all spoke to the efforts put in to make this movie as close as possible to the actual events. The heroes wanted it that way and Michael Bay and crew delivered and hit it out of the park.

The specials especially the interviews with the actual guys, their presence on the set, relationships with the actors, their walk through of the set and the reception at the premiere all spoke to the efforts put in to make this movie as close as possible to the actual events. The heroes wanted it that way and Michael Bay and crew delivered and hit it out of the park.
HELL YEAH! Beautifully said/written! :notworthy: :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and ash333