1917 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #?) [Korea]

DMD4k

QuoteMaster (TM)
Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2018
Spain
I wonder if it’s a question of not enough art available for a WEA release.

DMD4k

QuoteMaster (TM)
Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2018
Spain
I've been looking at official art for this, and the only thing they can do to differentiate their WEA from the WWA is use the 2-3 non-black images for the steelbook, and have one slip be black with the 1917 in colour, front and back. That's about it. There's not enough art to do 3 slips, a WEA steel and an OC box, unless they're going to be using screen caps and/or they're expecting some new art to be licensed by the time they want to release this.

Reactions: IRON MAN

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
I've been looking at official art for this, and the only thing they can do to differentiate their WEA from the WWA is use the 2-3 non-black images for the steelbook, and have one slip be black with the 1917 in colour, front and back. That's about it. There's not enough art to do 3 slips, a WEA steel and an OC box, unless they're going to be using screen caps and/or they're expecting some new art to be licensed by the time they want to release this.
They could use this horizontal one as a wraparound for one of the slips or box set.

nineteen_seventeen_ver3.jpg

Maybe this for the steel...

nineteen_seventeen_ver5.jpg

In all cases, there's no word yet about how many editions there will actually be. For all you know, it could be a quarter slip and maybe another with a lenti or full slip.

Reactions: DMD4k

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Possible steelbook covers (tidied up a bit)?

Reactions: djjez83 and DMD4k

DMD4k

QuoteMaster (TM)
Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2018
Spain
They could use this horizontal one as a wraparound for one of the slips or box set.

View attachment 474878

Maybe this for the steel...

View attachment 474879

In all cases, there's no word yet about how many editions there will actually be. For all you know, it could be a quarter slip and maybe another with a lenti or full slip.
If there's no OC then sure, they can. I just assumed they'd want to OC it being a WEA.
Not a fan of the 2 image there, pretty ugly really. In any case it's calling for lenti treatment.
The wrap around could work if they edit the 1917 so it's just on the front side or else we'd get 19-17.