DigiPack 2001: A Space Odyssey (4K+2D Blu-ray Digipack) (WCL Exclusive No.17) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: Dec 15,2018
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Notes: 300 copies numbered - This contains four discs (4K + 2x BD + DVD), 2 material booklets, 1 screenplay (English), 1 folder, 3 special cards, 10 postcards
44788836594_f68f18f1ae_k.jpg

Last edited:
happy days. :happy: bumping an older thread, but just re-watched this yet again, and thought an unboxing was overdue of this superb package :drool:. what is definitely overdue is my public in-thread thanks to @larson1977 :notworthy::thanks: for enabing me to get this get from him via this very site back in 2019 (sorry, @Noodles, it was me :emb:). i promised i'd do an unboxing ASAP; and here we are almost 2 years later, so, apologies :sorry:. read on for all the pics and stuff, or just go here for the album if you only want the images. :Snap::Snap:

View media item 27716
this is the only WCL 'release' i own (and, due to how difficult it is to get them, probably my last), so i can't comment on how it fairs when compared to others in the series. but i had to have this and it's so definitive and packed to the gils with great stuff :joy:. i probably can't improve on @Hewitt89 and @Vega's shots above, but anyway...

boxes
the outer slip box is rigid (similar to arrow's in terms of solidity), and they have gone for minimal artwork, which i think suits. picks of the literal unboxing and outer box beneath the spoiler, including run time and language creds, and box number:

the inner box contains the digipack and all of the other bits and bobs you get with this.
View media item 27705View media item 27704
the inner box cover title treatment is unusual, faintly debossed to catch the light, it's a nice minimal approach that matches the rest of the outer artworks, see all of that under the spoiler:

and there is a lot packed into the inner box, but it all fits to the millimetre, as seen here:

digipack
the main selling point for me on this is the digipack. while none of the artwork pops in a blufans sort of way, the overall miminalism works here. the digipack outer artwork is a collection of classic shots from the film :wow::

whereas the interior of the digipack creates more of a general atmosphere with the artwork:

booklet
the acompanying booklet is quite good and had some usefu info in it. i have got my own photos mixed up, but i think these are from the booklet:

artwork
the artwork book is particularly good. some of these pics may be in the booklet, but either way, the combination and quality of behind-the-scenes images is excellent :thumbs::

memorabilia
the memorabilia folder is the one with the art card original promo posters, the ID card for Bowman and a credit-card sized steel card with (laser?) cut classic images from the film :wow::

screenplay
i appreciate this is available in many other forms, but the screenplay is a great inclusion. always interesting to see which bits in the screenplay were transposed directly to film, and which bits altered in the film-making process :bookworm::

and this is everything you get in this amazing set :woot::
View media item 27659
i know this is as hard to find as hydra's teeth, and was super-limited to start with anyway, but if you can ever find it at a price acceptable to you, grab this. :thumbs::)
stanley kubrick 70mm GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Last edited:
happy days. :happy: bumping an older thread, but just re-watched this yet again, and thought an unboxing was overdue of this superb package :drool:. what is definitely overdue is my public in-thread thanks to @larson1977 :notworthy::thanks: for enabing me to get this get from him via this very site back in 2019 (sorry, @Noodles, it was me :emb:). i promised i'd do an unboxing ASAP; and here we are almost 2 years later, so, apologies :sorry:. read on for all the pics and stuff, or just go here for the album if you only want the images. :Snap::Snap:

View media item 27716
this is the only WCL 'release' i own (and, due to how difficult it is to get them, probably my last), so i can't comment on how it fairs when compared to others in the series. but i had to have this and it's so definitive and packed to the gils with great stuff :joy:. i probably can't improve on @Hewitt89 and @Vega's shots above, but anyway...

boxes
the outer slip box is rigid (similar to arrow's in terms of solidity), and they have gone for minimal artwork, which i think suits. picks of the literal unboxing and outer box beneath the spoiler, including run time and language creds, and box number:

the inner box contains the digipack and all of the other bits and bobs you get with this.
View media item 27705View media item 27704
the inner box cover title treatment is unusual, faintly debossed to catch the light, it's a nice minimal approach that matches the rest of the outer artworks, see all of that under the spoiler:

and there is a lot packed into the inner box, but it all fits to the millimetre, as seen here:

digipack
the main selling point for me on this is the digipack. while none of the artwork pops in a blufans sort of way, the overall miminalism works here. the digipack outer artwork is a collection of classic shots from the film :wow::

whereas the interior of the digipack creates more of a general atmosphere with the artwork:

booklet
the acompanying booklet is quite good and had some usefu info in it. i have got my own photos mixed up, but i think these are from the booklet:

artwork
the artwork book is particularly good. some of these pics may be in the booklet, but either way, the combination and quality of behind-the-scenes images is excellent :thumbs::

memorabilia
the memorabilia folder is the one with the art card original promo posters, the ID card for Bowman and a credit-card sized steel card with (laser?) cut classic images from the film :wow::

screenplay
i appreciate this is available in many other forms, but the screenplay is a great inclusion. always interesting to see which bits in the screenplay were transposed directly to film, and which bits altered in the film-making process :bookworm::

and this is everything you get in this amazing set :woot::
View media item 27659
i know this is as hard to find as hydra's teeth, and was super-limited to start with anyway, but if you can ever find it at a price acceptable to you, grab this. :thumbs::)
stanley kubrick 70mm GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre
Glad you like it :)

• Friendly
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart