2001: A Space Odyssey (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 50) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: January 6, 2023
Purchase links: Fullslip - Double Lenti - One Click (Pre-order is October 28th, 2022 at 8 PM (HKT, UTC+8)
Price: $52.99 (Fullslip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti) - $129.98 (One Click)
Group Buy: Fullslip - Double Lenti - One Click

1666346557789.png 1666347269488.png SO2001_overall_OC_5000x.jpg
279586464_5072196826223718_5387673826575655910_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can now add that black steelbook frame to your order. It costs $12.99 but you can use the code HAPPYMANTA7 to get for free, you just have to pay shipping.
The offer is for anyone who has at least 1 previous orders through the website

Just checked the cost and it adds $10 on to my shipping cost. Not really worth it imo unless they do the same in the future for a white frame

Wonder how long this is gonna be a thing because I ain't paying $18 for the shipping for a 'free' frame. Hopefully they're still offering it for free come the next PO

Wonder how long this is gonna be a thing because I ain't paying $18 for the shipping for a 'free' frame. Hopefully they're still offering it for free come the next PO
It made the frame price free $12.99 but it added $10 on to my $18 shipping for one edition. So In the end the shipping came to $28

I didn’t buy it, I tried after because everything was still in stock but @Noodles Is telling me his was actually free with no change to shipping. I’m confused

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
It made the frame price free $12.99 but it added $10 on to my $18 shipping for one edition. So In the end the shipping came to $28

I didn’t buy it, I tried after because everything was still in stock but @Noodles Is telling me his was actually free with no change to shipping. I’m confused
As a good experimentalist, I gave two tries after completing my purchase:

- First, going together with the DL: the shipping costs increased in $12 because of the frame.
- Second, together with the OC: the shipping costs read "Free" but when going further to the next page it read that the final shipping costs would be calculated after the package would be ready to dispatch.

I did not include the frame. Not worth the increase in shipping costs for my taste.

People who run GB's, or their closes (friends of them who joined).

I always say that IT IS NOT necessary to join a GB to get and edition when you can go DIRECT.

However, there are people willing to limit others chances, and they run GB's as host or intermediaries to ask as many copies IN ADVANCE as they can to sell them out.
Leaving 0 chances (or close) to the ones who opt to flip a coin and buying direct... (Less stock for them, for sure).

I accept critics, if you were defending GB's because that's the way to go that's fine.
On the other hand, keep buying using GB's, and the chances to get an edition DIRECT will stay close to 0, to you and others who wanted editions for themselves (not to resell them or scalp).

Good night to everyone. Even to people who will quote this message with their education.
Yada Yada Blabla GIF by Auto Discount Location

• Haha
Reactions: nafosb and Nova
I know what I said in a previous post about the double lenti having the same disappointing artwork as the last steelbook release, however, this should look pretty nice as a lenti...
The steelbook didn't work due to the matte finish, resulting in a bland and boring release...
Of course, as also previously stated, owning the WCL
bootleg
does put me in a position of superiority, however, I caved and picked up the double lenti....

Just for the sake of it, of course...

People who run GB's, or their closes (friends of them who joined).

I always say that IT IS NOT necessary to join a GB to get and edition when you can go DIRECT.

However, there are people willing to limit others chances, and they run GB's as host or intermediaries to ask as many copies IN ADVANCE as they can to sell them out.
Leaving 0 chances (or close) to the ones who opt to flip a coin and buying direct... (Less stock for them, for sure).

I accept critics, if you were defending GB's because that's the way to go that's fine.
On the other hand, keep buying using GB's, and the chances to get an edition DIRECT will stay close to 0, to you and others who wanted editions for themselves (not to resell them or scalp).

Good night to everyone. Even to people who will quote this message with their education.
oh my god omg GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Angry Harry Styles GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Can anyone advise what value would Collectong state on the customs slip? Can I email them to state a lower amount? Thanks.

Just realised the US 4K release has a second Blu-ray disc housing all the special features with the dedicated 2K movie disc presumably the restored version. But this release has only one Blu-ray disc. So is it the restored version too? And the special features are crammed into one BD?

Dunno where you got that from... first bit of big bold text you see when you open up any of the product pages is;

"THIS IS 3 DISC VERSION 2D+4KUHD+BONUS" :rolleyes:
Oh thanks!

I took the info from BD dot com (which now I know is wrong); also scrolled down quickly to the disc specs on collectong and somehow missed the header. ☺️

Relieved to know that it’s 3 discs.

Reactions: samdavies