2001: A Space Odyssey (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #5) [UK]

Mickle_89

Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
イギリス
Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase links: WB Shop - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - eBay
Price: £29.99 (WB shop - Zavvi - HMV - eBay) - £30.00 (Amazon)

C4CFA345-E291-4516-98B1-4A2D406FB246.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
i just got my copy, tbh i didnt know what to expect since this is the first titan i got but i love it, i thought the outer slip would be showing the red button more pronounced to reflect an actual button but i like it still.

Seems my copy of this got lost in the mail from Zavvi. Sucks. It will be 30 days on October 4th and they said they will address it then.

I was reading elsewhere where other people were having delivery issues with this from Zavvi.

Did a lot of people get screwed out of a delivery of this?

• Wow
Reactions: leelee17
I wanted to update my last post that Zavvi has updated me to the fact my missing item has been processed for a replacement and I should be getting a notification soon when it ships.

Seems I got lucky and they held some back for fulfillment issues like mine!

I know they're a good company, problem is these steelbooks are always so limited you only have one shot at it sometimes.

Really pumped about this one because it's a beautiful steel and everyone has been raving about how visually stunning this movie is in 4k.

I wanted to update my last post that Zavvi has updated me to the fact my missing item has been processed for a replacement and I should be getting a notification soon when it ships.

Seems I got lucky and they held some back for fulfillment issues like mine!

I know they're a good company, problem is these steelbooks are always so limited you only have one shot at it sometimes.

Really pumped about this one because it's a beautiful steel and everyone has been raving about how visually stunning this movie is in 4k.
Really? They're an 'ok' company at best, in my opinion. My experiences have been mixed, and dealing with any issues can be very frustrating and long-winded.

Well that was actually my first order with them and I've only placed 1 other order with them and now a pre-order.

I just see a ton of threads about them and always assumed they were a good company.

Messages do get a bit long winded, but I don't have anything negative to say really. They seem to rectify the situation the best they could and luckily for me it was a replacement.

Well that was actually my first order with them and I've only placed 1 other order with them and now a pre-order.

I just see a ton of threads about them and always assumed they were a good company.

Messages do get a bit long winded, but I don't have anything negative to say really. They seem to rectify the situation the best they could and luckily for me it was a replacement.
OK, cool.

You will see lots of threads about them because they have so many exclusive steelbooks. But for anything on general release, I would always opt for Amazon as my first choice retailer as their Customer Service is generally light years ahead of Zavvi's.

To be fair, I HAVE had good service from Zavvi in the past, and experienced good CS from them. But, unfortunately, I've also felt like banging my head against a brick wall with them (as have many others that post on here). Worst case was when I returned a damaged steel to them for a replacement but they sold out in the meantime! Whereas Amazon will send a replacement straight away. What I now do in those situations is I re-order (if the steel is still available) and send the damaged one back for a refund.

Ahh ok, thanks for the info.

But amazon doesn't get all of the cool 4k steelbooks like Zavvi does do they?
The difference is that Zavvi get a lot of exclusive steebook releases, so we have no choice but to order from them if they are titles we really want (or pay potentially ridiculous prices to scalpers on eBay). But Amazon do usually carry most of the non-exclusive releases, and occasionally have their own exclusives from time to time.

Mine was shipped at the end of August. I never received it so I assume it got lost in the mail. Contacted them Wednesday of last week to ask about a replacement. My replacement should be arriving this week. So, good on Zavvi.

I'm still working on them to acknowledge they need to ship me a replacement as I still haven't received it. I don't know if I'm talking to multiple people in their messages, but no one seems to read all of the notes so they keep messaging me about my orders that are currently processing instead of giving me information about a replacement for this.

I'm getting really frustrated because I'm going to assume this is sold out and they're out of replacement copies at this point.

Sucks, I was really looking forward to this one once I found out about it.

Zavvi is still in the hot seat right now as I've been messaging them for almost 2 weeks now maybe?