Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: November 20, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

6289680_sa.jpg

Last edited:
well not so sure about bb steelbook but i've got an email from Amazon few days back about the regular edition that it won't be releasing on 20th...

Strange. Both the 4K steelbook and the 4K amaray were released on the original release date Oct. 30th in Canada.

Can anyone confirm this-?
I'm only basing this off of a U.S. ebay seller - he has the BB 2001 listed as a preorder buy that says "December release".
Maybe he knows something we don't?....31D865DD-CC50-41A5-9194-3082FF7FB528.gif

*UPDATE:
Text from a friend two minutes ago
"Went to buy 2001 and the Best Buy clerk said it has been recalled and wouldn’t sell it to me but he let me buy the steel lol"

**NEW UPDATE:
My order has been CANCELLED. (11/16)
E7072E2B-7945-4AA9-A569-3F3A0AFD3431.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: FN-2187
I'm only basing this off of a U.S. ebay seller - he has the BB 2001 listed as a preorder buy that says "December release".
Maybe he knows something we don't?....View attachment 402611

*UPDATE:
Text from a friend two minutes ago
"Went to buy 2001 and the Best Buy clerk said it has been recalled and wouldn’t sell it to me but he let me buy the steel lol"

**NEW UPDATE:
My order has been CANCELLED. (11/16)
View attachment 402637
Just came to ask about this as I’ve got a whole reddit thread with others also having their orders cancelled.

It’s weird that a few shipped out early on and then all these delays and now cancellation?

Just came to ask about this as I’ve got a whole reddit thread with others also having their orders cancelled.

It’s weird that a few shipped out early on and then all these delays and now cancellation?

I wonder if there is something wrong with the film quality on the discs. Something wrong with the transfer.

I wonder if there is something wrong with the film quality on the discs. Something wrong with the transfer.
It's a mystery.
My friend who sent that text said that the BB clerk said that it has been pulled and was not supposed to be on the shelf.
He him buy it anyway!! So maybe he can let me know if there are any issues with the disc.
These should be identical to the same ones available in other territories - so, I can't image there was some big authoring error.
Otherwise we would be hearing about a disc replacement program for alot of folks who already got this in other territories.

Reactions: Stygian
I wouldn't think so either, maybe a misprint on one of the discs or they forgot to load the sheet with the digital code or something like that.
I panicked and bought a UK edition on the bay - I hope that doesn't prove to a dumb panicky move if the they come back in two weeks at BB!

I panicked and bought a UK edition on the bay - I hope that doesn't prove to a dumb panicky move if the they come back in two weeks at BB!
I was just going to say that, it's not glossy according to some.

This was said by a subscriber on HDreport:
I pre-ordered my UHD blu-ray copy from Amazon and received it in the mail yesterday, Oct 26. However, the movie does not playback properly. The sound is fine however there is a constant flicker. Not sure if this is a handshake problem with my Oppo UDP-203 player or if there was some issue with the blu-ray disk, causing the issue. Considering that the disk’s release date has been rescheduled to Nov. and I received my copy early, perhaps there is some restriction from playback?

I don’t mind waiting an extra month but now the new steelbook listing isn’t showing up on site anymore. Last night it was still there. Damn I be bummed if this was canceled for good. Hopefully it’ll pop up again later.

Another guy reported the same problem on DVDtalk:
Watched mine last night. First, it looks spectacular. But the disc froze while Dave was deactivating HAL. Then, in what I assume was an attempt to emulate one of this movie's Kubrickian jump cuts, the player suddenly skipped to the start of the "beyond the infinite" trip. Then it froze for good at a shot of the monolith floating in space.

What's weird is I then played this whole sequence again multiple times and each time it played seamlessly. So was this a disc problem? A player problem? Or what? (I'm using a Sony UBP-X700 btw.)

You know that the UK version isn't glossy right?
Well, I can live with that if need be. Glossy edition would have probably been Taiwan or Korean edition which would have increased the cost by 20-30 dollars on ebay. I'll wait and see how all this shakes out. Remember- nothing is ungettable.;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian