Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £19.99

2012_1-1024x799.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Mr.Vorhees
  • Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Just got home to see an email from Zavvi about this. I hurried, and as is usually the case it's already sold out. I do see at the top in the OP it says it's not live yet, but according to the previous post, it did go live and sold out fast.

Congrats to those who snagged it.

I with the EXACT SAME ARTWORK no less!

1) HMV exclusive - March 2010 release. Elegant and understated with its matte finish. The opposite of flashy in point of fact.
Cool embossed title treatment.
Chalk compared to the cheese of #2
upload_2017-7-23_0-16-43.png
75464.jpg
10032_large.jpg

2) Zavvi exclusive - 2017 release (artwork same as previous - non U.K. - mass release from 2010?).
Apocalyptic exterior and interior artwork in a smart wraparound style.
Looking to me like a zero finish with good colours to exterior artwork and a slight sheen in the right light . . . my only quibble being the title on the front (which I could do without to balance front and back . . . sufficient on the spine in this case IMO).
2012-steelbook-4.jpg
2012-steelbook-3.jpg
183980_large.jpg

2012-steelbook-7.jpg
2012-steelbook-8.jpg
2012-steelbook-6.jpg

'Strewth "Sold out" by the time I saw the notification.
Oh, well.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
I like the art. I also enjoyed the movie despite for all the hate it gets, a good popcorn action flick. So it will be available in various european countries? Is this confirmed? Thank you.

Best disaster film ever made IMO. It gets shat on because of the flaky "science" but this is the last reason anyone should pan a film like this - it's just pure mindless entertainment, nothing more. Anybody who wants "facts" or reality just go watch the History Channel. Anyway, that's my favorite scene from the film - huge slabs of land falling into the ocean. I've seen that art on other steelbooks (Dutch?) but could never find a copy so I'm glad they're resurrecting it. Still wish one of the premium labels would pick this up and do a fullslip lenti - wouldn't that be awesome?

• Thanks
Reactions: Mr.Vorhees
Just got home to see an email from Zavvi about this. I hurried, and as is usually the case it's already sold out. I do see at the top in the OP it says it's not live yet, but according to the previous post, it did go live and sold out fast.
Don't panic it will be in stock again.

Congrats to those who snagged it.

I see no reason to buy these re-releases as they are bare bones and have no 3D or 4K. Not interested in them. Even the artwork is the same. Pointless releases being mass produced all over Europe.

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
Far better than the original HMV version IMO, personally think the front of that release cannot be counted as artwork, don't know why they bother including the DVD with a Blu anymore, I've seen it for as little as £1 new...

Did this release have steelbook magnet along or no steelbook release had it and magnet is custom thing?