The Passion Of Joan Of Arc (Blu-ray SteelBook) [United Kingdom]

Jan 14, 2012
Estonia
Pre-order link
Price: £17.99

THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC will be released in the @mastersofcinema series on Blu-ray for the 1st time anywhere in the world on 19 Nov 2012.

The exclusive new restoration of THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC will be available on Blu-ray, DVD & a Ltd-edition Dual Format SteelBook

Preview of the artwork:
mocq4.jpg

Looks like The Passion... will be MoC's only steelbook in Q4.

Their full Q4 line-up:
October 22nd
DIE NIBELUNGEN (separate Blu-ray and DVD releases)
PARK ROW (DVD only)

November 12th
TROUBLE IN PARADISE (DVD only)
THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC (Dual Format and Steelbook)

December 12th
FLOATING WEEDS (Dual Format)
GATE OF HELL (Dual Format)

Artwork:

Actual pics thanks to hayemaker:
joa.jpg

joa2.jpg

joa3.jpg

joa7.jpg

joa6.jpg

joa4.jpg

joa5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So Eureka have reduced it to one steelbook per quarter. Can we speculate that this is because their last few haven't been great sellers?

So Eureka have reduced it to one steelbook per quarter. Can we speculate that this is because their last few haven't been great sellers?

I don't think so. The other titles probably won't be huge sellers in any format/packaging. Releasing only The Passion... in steelbook seems reasonable. But I would have loved to see Gate of Hell in steelbook, that artwork is lovely.

And besides, Eureka has usually not released anything in December. Now they have scheduled two releases.

Reactions: LeonD

Maybe Eureka should conduct a poll on their website or somewhere to see which title public wants in steelbook format out of 4/5 possible titles. It's a win-win situation for everyone. ;)

Great news :)

I just hope they will be releasing more steelbooks. Regarding the speculation about bad sales, nothing have gone out of print yet except Metropolis and that was due to a fire.

I wonder what the quantity is for each steelbook. I know someone said the Metropolis steelbook was made in 10 000 ex.

I think 4000 ex. is more reasonable for these kinds of movies.

I wish Eureka would make these print run individually numbered. IMO they are the best studio for steelbooks and are just a small element away from being the perfect steelbook studio.

+1

Usually you can get a good price and very quick service from Eureka themselves (but no Tax reclaim). Last one I got was about a week before release date.

These Eureka releases are highly addictive...EEK!

BTW, Play has this as the clickable thumbnail...The artwork?

33972740_180x180_1.jpg

Much prefer this poster one though

33972740_500x500_1.jpg

So this one is definitely going to be horizontal then? Not going to be picking up this one, but I hope landscape Steelbooks are not something Eureka are going to start doing more often.

So this one is definitely going to be horizontal then? Not going to be picking up this one, but I hope landscape Steelbooks are not something Eureka are going to start doing more often.

I don't think this is a trend...More that the horizontal layout suits the artwork like Metropolis :scat:

Terrible news everyone...

This has been pushed back a week to 26th November (according to Amazon).

Reactions: Sigill