Avengers Metal Box Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelbook95060

Premium Supporter
May 14, 2012
CA, US
Avengers Metal Box color difference

i've received 3 different versions of the avengers metal box (US, SG & HK). First off... THANKS to Aprilarrow for singapore version GB (I dig the packaging):D Then, i ordered the wrong version...wanted Taiwan but ordered Hong Kong...and don't want to discuss that.:angry:

but when i started comparing the different versions, i noticed a color variation in natural light, so just wanted to share.

for me, i like the US version for the deep black and finish quality and the SG versions for slips (2D&3D).

av-all.jpg

av-01.jpg

av-02.jpg

av-03.jpg

av-04.jpg

av-05.jpg

av-06.jpg

av-08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thailand Avengers Pics Here

As I mentioned, I had the Thailand version (sold now) since it was very similar to the USA version. The 'A' on the Avengers was a lighter blue compared to the USA.

Please note that these pics were taken in a hurry for a purpose other than this website. Therefore I didn't hold the strictest of standards for these pictures.

Blu-raysAvengeSnow6.jpg

Blu-raysAvengeSnow7.jpg

Blu-raysAvengeSnow4.jpg

Blu-raysAvengeSnow5.jpg

Blu-raysAvengeSnow10.jpg

Blu-raysAvengeSnow8.jpg

Blu-raysAvengeSnow3.jpg

Blu-raysAvengeSnow01a.jpg

Blu-raysAvengeSnow2.jpg

Blu-raysAvengeSnow01b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime I see these pictures, I get even more excited for my FS version!!!

The US one does look by far to be the best. You wouldn't expect there to be any difference between them but there is a lot!

Last edited:
And another difference is the "placement" of the A on the front!!! Slightly higher
It is a little higher on US Version... You can not see the circle close/connect with the A on the top on that BUT you see more of the circle on the Bottom!!!

Reactions: CyberAthlete
I also noticed that the Singapore version has an embossed Marvel symbol below the Avengers title on the front and the US version does not have the marvel symbol embossed

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

The spines are also a little different. I have pics of the spine I should post

And another difference is the "placement" of the A on the front!!! Slightly higher
It is a little higher on US Version... You can not see the circle close/connect with the A on the top on that BUT you see more of the circle on the Bottom!!!

In which case I prefer to have more of the 'A' showing than the circle.

Well my Singapore full slip cover will remain sealed, so I'll never know :)

I seriously do not recommend this (leaving steelbook sealed without at least taking the slip cover off). Many slip covers for steelbook is attached using some sort of removable glue. If it's still fresh, you can easily peel off the glue but if you live in a room where hot and cold weather changing intermittently, sooner or later the glue will stick onto the steel, leaving some kind of residue on it. Or worse, it'll stick part of the paper into the steelbook like what happened to my Tron Legacy steelbook because the slip covers were made of some kind of cheap paper instead of cardboard. Also, if the slip cover is cardboard, there's likelihood of it scratching the steelbook if you slid it up and down the steelbook each time you open the steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.