2nd Annual HDN SteelBook™ of the Year [Winner: The Raid]

The 'Steelbook™ of the Year (2012)'as chosen by HDN members is....

• Fight Club (UK)

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • A Trip to the Moon (USA)

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • The Thing (FR)

Votes: 16 5.5%
  • The Dark Knight (JP)

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • Snow White and the Huntsman (Europe)

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • Iron Sky (DE)

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Chronicle (UK)

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Wolverine-Origins (UK)

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Watchmen (UK)

• The Raid (UK)

Votes: 101 34.9%
  • The Terminator (UK)

Votes: 63 21.8%
  • Iron Man (UK)

Votes: 73 25.3%
  • Drive (UK)

Votes: 49 17.0%
  • Farewell My Concubine(Blufans)

• The Dictator (Worldwide)

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Jaws (UK)

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • The Hunger Games-District 12 Ed (CA)

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • War of the Worlds (UK)

• Battle Royale (UK)

Votes: 41 14.2%
  • Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (Worldwide)

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • Prometheus (UK)

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • Iron Man 2 (UK)

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • The Hurt Locker (UK)

• Underworld Awakening (Worldwide)

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Braveheart (UK)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
raid twitter.png

hdn steelbook of the year 2012.jpg

:ninja:Hey HDN Community!:ninja:

Just in time for the Oscar nominations (to be announced tomorrow), we come together once again for the 2nd Annual 'HDN Steelbook of the year' vote for our 'overall' favorite Steelbook™ of 2012. You are allowed to choose multiple titles, but cannot vote again after you submitted your vote with your multiple choices. Please choose carefully.

I have tallied all of your Steelbook 'nominations' from this thread and have posted a poll of the '25 most nominated' Steelbooks in this thread, in no particular order.

The community-chosen winner will be announced at the conclusion of the poll (January 31,2013).

Have fun everyone, and thank you all for making HDN such a fun, engaging and helpful community with your contributions!

Who should be the winner for 2012?

DB

Overall 'Steelbook of the Year 2012' is 'The Raid (UK)
-thanks for the great pics, Elena!

Raid_zps818e6e86.jpg

Raid2_zps8ac2a4c6.jpg

Raid3_zps6c743df6.jpg

Raid4_zps67e18c06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So many fantastic steelbooks listed... I'm going to have to have a think about it and come back to cast my vote. One thing I do know is that it'll most likely be one from the UK. ;)

The Raid was the most excited I had got over a steelbook for a long time if not ever. I couldn't stop stroking it, feeling the debossing, and just staring at it in awe. It gets my vote. But I also had to put a shout out to Iron Man and The Terminator.

I'm now under the assumption it was a misprint and was supposed to be Jaws JP.

I voted Raid & Terminator. Would've went Jaws JP if it was an option.

Not many Asian nominations at all, I am perplexed. I will do a nomination and a winner Oscar style . I don't think you can go wrong with any of the following:

- Dark Knight (JP) the best out of the JP white wave that started my white steel craze
- Drive (UK) something about black and pink gets me every time and it reminds me of GTA: Vice City (if only it had inside art)
- Battle Royale (UK) clean and perfect debossing that feels very cool when you run your fingers through it
- Iron Man (UK) it's the remake that can't ever live up to the original like if they were going to remake The Godfather.

And the winner is:

- The Raid (UK) original art work which can only be matched by Sucker Punch (USA) except The Raid is G2. It takes the cake though with it's over the top debossing front and back. It's like a director who wanted a mellow performance from your actor but they give you something that's way over the top. I wasn't asking for that but now that I've seen it, I wouldn't have it any other way. I wish we had more steel designs done by dedicated artists like this one.

Battle Royale and The Raid for me!...But I wish we coul have done that minus 1/plus one everyday game! (please!)...that ws really fun and at the end Thor prevailed last year!
Mods, are we doing that again?

Yes, some elementary ones...but at the moment I am alone in ranking The Thing (FR) as one of the beauties.

Status
Not open for further replies.