Pawn Shops - Do you frequent them or not?

stinkofdefeat

On "Vacation"
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
N.B., Canada
Just wondering what you guys think of Pawn Shops, do you buy from them or do you think they are "shady" and stay away from them?

Personally I go to them alot, they have great deals on used movies and other items. I have never had any problems with them. The one I go to the most also resurfaces scratched discs at no charge.

I would but I dont like stores that are so TINY that as soon as you walk in all they do is stare at you or hound you. I like to browse in peace. Which is why I hate the Direct TV salesmen that hound the blu-ray secton at best buy trying to use their hook for conversation to then try and sell me Direct TV.

so to answer your question... the pawn shops around me are small. So yeah.

I seen someone post finding a FutureShop Iron Man at a CA pawnshop like early last year. Maybe it was you?

haha... I wish that was me. I did find a Terminator Salvation IP a few weeks back at a pawn shop though, for $8. :D

Yeah I know what you mean about sales people hounding you, they do that some at FS as well. It gets annoying especially if you frequent the store alot, like I go to FS like 4-5 times a week.

I have to agree on their awesomeness. I go to 2 different shops on my lunch twice a week. My steelbook collection has just begun and I have to say, I love the feeling when browsing the blu rays and spotting a steel in good condition that I can add to my collection :D

I always have a look in the local CEX, my best find was a mint captain america steel for £10!

I would but I dont like stores that are so TINY that as soon as you walk in all they do is stare at you or hound you. I like to browse in peace. Which is why I hate the Direct TV salesmen that hound the blu-ray secton at best buy trying to use their hook for conversation to then try and sell me Direct TV.

so to answer your question... the pawn shops around me are small. So yeah.

I seen someone post finding a FutureShop Iron Man at a CA pawnshop like early last year. Maybe it was you?

I am in my Best Buy so much that the DTV salesman recognizes me and just walks by me. Same way at Wal-Mart too.

Lol, this is exactly the kind of thing i avoid going to Best Buy over. However, lately...i have made it a point to look for them, and tell them "I don't want cable TV" before they even start talking to me. They usually give me a pouty nod, and walk away.

In terms of Pawn Shops, i like certain ones in certain areas, for their selections of Blu-ray and guitars seem to be the best. I have gotten some great deals on Pawn Shop Blu-rays in the past, so every now and then...i'll check 'em out.