[Give-Away] Predator - Play Exclusive

toonminator

BANNED
Jul 1, 2013
[WINNER CHOSEN] Predator - Play Exclusive

In celebration of this 200th post and the arrival of my copy of the German Lenticular Steelbook of Predator, I'm giving away my obsolete but sealed and mint Play Exclusive. :scat:

Just thank this post and post the first time you ever saw Predator. I just happened to stumble upon it on television late at night all alone when I was about 12. It felt like I discovered a cinematic treasure all by myself and I couldn't wait to tell my friends about it the morning after! :movie:

Pics of Steelbook:
2vmagbm.jpg

2ee8p51.jpg

Randomly chosen winner is Jensen!

Last edited:
First time I saw Predator was late on TV - it was in a double bill with 'Aliens' - I remember thinking how awesome a movie with both of those aliens would be... Oh how very wrong I was!

Oh yes, where are my manners. Awesome giveaway! Thanks a lot :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: toonminator
Awesome giveaway mate!

I first saw Predator in the theatre when it came out back in 1987. The trailer & even the talk of the town had people thinking Arnie was up against some hi-tech team in the jungle. So imagine my surprise when I saw what was hunting him!EEK!

But, I loved it! Awesome and ended up watching it 4 times on the big screen. :D

When I was 11 years old, on a cable channel, Im sure. Kind of spooked me out at that age, but as you get older, its a right good old action movie!

Thanks for the give away dude.

I can't remember how old I was when I first saw this, but I was sharing a room with my brother who is 5 years older and was basically forced to watch it as he wanted to! It was NOT appropriate for me at the age I was!! EEK! Gave me nightmares and was a good 10 years before I plucked up the courage to watch it again!! :hilarious:

First time i saw Predator was when i "stole" (more like i borrowed it) a copy from my uncle and watch it when everybody else was in work :D (i was around 10-12 and that time it was the greatest thing i had ever seen :scat:)

Thanks for the giveaway :thumbs:

Thanks for the opportunity. I saw this when I was 15 years old. I sneaked in to a cinema on a cruise ship with a girl I hooked up with. We sat in the back row and didn't see much of the film...but the most annoying part was that we were kicked out, not for being underage, but for the racket we were making!
Next day my parents grounded me... and I never saw the girl again.:( but ironically, they took me back to see the film again...but it didn't seem so exciting...wonder why?:emb:

Thanks for the give-away!!
Don't know how old i was, about 10-12 years, but i saw it on vhs with a friend. We were blown away by the idea and the tension of this masterpiece. Especially the structure from a military action flick to a sci-fi hunting chase, where no one knows, what they deal with. Great memories!

My story couldn't be more bizarre if I tried.

I remember seeing the trailers and dying to see it when I was younger.
So I'd big plans to see it in the cinema but I was only 11 in 1987.
I was promptly told by my parents that they weren't going to let me see it but that I could go to the other big film that was out ... Roxanne.

So years later I'd still not gotten to see it and then I managed to in the strangest of circumstances. I was an altar boy at the time and we were having out annual party in the priests house (the more I think of it the more bizarre it is).
They showed us a film .... Predator.

Only years later after all the priest scandals in this country did I see any kind of connection :)