[Give-Away] Predator - Play Exclusive

toonminator

BANNED
Jul 1, 2013
[WINNER CHOSEN] Predator - Play Exclusive

In celebration of this 200th post and the arrival of my copy of the German Lenticular Steelbook of Predator, I'm giving away my obsolete but sealed and mint Play Exclusive. :scat:

Just thank this post and post the first time you ever saw Predator. I just happened to stumble upon it on television late at night all alone when I was about 12. It felt like I discovered a cinematic treasure all by myself and I couldn't wait to tell my friends about it the morning after! :movie:

Pics of Steelbook:
2vmagbm.jpg

2ee8p51.jpg

Randomly chosen winner is Jensen!

Last edited:
First time I saw anything to do with Predator was a trailer on the weekly BBC2 show "Entertainment USA" hosted by Jonathan King.

Remember thinking it looked awesome and wasn't disappointed when I saw it some months later

Thanks for the giveaway!

Last edited:
Reactions: toonminator
Thanks for the give-away...probably watched this first on a betamax or VHS tape but most likely the latter one! and you have to go to a rental place to get it in the first place!

I was 10 years old when this came out. My best friend's brother owned a video rental so we had access to every movie he received. Remember watching this at my best friends place when his parents were at work. Oh, how we loved it! :D

Thanks for the giveaway!

Thanks for the giveaway!

I first watched when I was at University, we had an Arnie session including Terminator and T2 and then Predator... safe to say I have seen it many times since

"So you cooked up a story and dropped the six of us in the meat grinder" :movie:

the first time i saw the film was probably about 7-8 years ago when my Dad was watching it. Hes a huge Arnold fan so ive grown up seeing most his films and predator was one of last old ones i saw. Since then ive probably seen it 4 more times.

Thanks for the great giveaway.

Thanks for this buddy!

First time I saw it was when it was released. For me the one scene that always stood out was the epic hand shake from Dillon & Dutch! :p

thanks for the giveaway,

i actually saw the second one first as my parents had it on VHS, cant remember how old i was but obviously thought ive seen the second so need to see the first, so of course of to blockbuster i go with daddy, parents were so bad back then.

Thanks for the giveaway!

God I must've been about 10 when I first watched it with my brothers and dad. I still love it and am glad Arnie has gone back into acting :scat:

Fantastic giveaway!

Rented the VHS (from CBS Fox) on the 1st day it came out - 11th November 1988

This and Robocop (Virgin Vision label) came out on the same date!!

Believe me, it was a real decision to make to pick which one to watch first (Robocop won), as my sis and her BF wanted to watch Predator later that night when they got back from the pub!!!

This steel would look great next to my German MM copy, signed by Carl Weathers in person last month!!!

Carl-Weathers-86.jpg

Last edited:
First time I saw Predator was weirdly enough, only last year EEK!

And I saw the movie on DVD, due to how much acclaim it has by fans, and I can surely see the appeal. It's a great film, with that 80's tinge of OTT action and comedy. I've been trying to track down the steelbook since.

Great Giveaway !!
I first seen this when i was young against my will really, was waiting for wwf ( at the time) to come on and my dad was watching this and wouldnt let me turn over until it had finished, so i sat threw it with him and was complety amazed.EEK! Thanks

I can't remember all of the details, but I saw it when it was first in theaters in 1987. So I was, what, 15? It was at the Quakerbridge Mall in Lawrence, New Jersey. It was rated R saw we had to buy tickets to something else and sneak in. It was awesome!

Thanks for the give away!

I remember watching this for the first time with my Dad when I must have been about 12 on VHS. I always remember my Dad saying "look, Apollo Creed" and being confused and checking the back of the case for cast names and thinking he must have been wrong!!

Cheers for the give away!

It was the 2nd or 3rd year of secondary school and mum and dad were going out for the evening - Predator was the movie they left me with.... Y'know, to keep me out of trouble. Next day at school; "I saw my 1st 18 cert video last night and it was AMAZING!!!!" :D

Thx. for the giveaway!

I first saw Predator on VHS (the videotape format not the 2012 film) and it seems like a million years ago.

Thanks for the giveaway. It renew be seeing it sometime in the early 90s. Way before high def and big screens. But man what an awesome flick. Classic Arnold. He was truly a bad @$$!!!