4K Steelbooks?

Feb 16, 2011
Essex, UK
So what do we think?

Will Zavvi & Co jump on the bandwagon and start giving us 4K editions of our dear steelbooks?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: ocielz
Hi just asking how long do you all think it will be tell we start to see 4K Blu-ray steelbooks and which you are looking for to come out this year my picks are Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice. Deadpool and X-Men Apocalypse and hope to see Pacific Rim come out some time Dredd

Last edited:
I think it'll be a long while till we see them if ever as I can't see the adoption for 4K discs ever really taking off. The drive for beyond that is so hard in TV tech and Blu-Ray has been a long grind for studios in itself. It's generally all good though as if 4K did take hold I'd likely just swap the discs out as so many SB's aren't marked specifically for Blu-Ray anyway :D

They are still releasing DVDs. :wow: That means there is a market and they are actually profiting from it. We're supposed to have 4K disc releases soon this year, but really hard to tell when we'll see steelbooks though.

I dont care what the format is in steelbook form as long as its G2 sized. I owned about 75 3D steelbooks before I finally got a 3D TV

Last edited:
I hope it's not too long a wait before 4K discs are included, I never paid attention to how long a delay it was before they started offering 3D discs in steelbook packages but I'm not going to enjoy double dipping (especially just for the discs in crappy amaray packaging)

I've already got to get the Martian, Sicaro, The Revenant and BVS just for the discs :(

I can't see why we don't get a blu-ray steelbook with a slot for the 4k disc at a later date. Would be nice and it would save buying the steelbook a second time

• Thanks
Reactions: Wreck