4k Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc UK.

which is the best 4k blu ray out there
as ii dont think the ps4 will play these blu rays
No you will need a dedicated 4K Blu-ray player to play the discs. Currently only a Samsung player is available in the US but there's also a Panasonic player being released. No dates have been set for the UK release of the players yet.

hopefully these 4k from zavvi are better than this
51OgqMhmEHL.jpg

hopefully these 4k from zavvi are better than this
51OgqMhmEHL.jpg
Those aren't proper 4K discs, they are just filmed in 4K and then output at 1080p. They have done quite a few mastered in 4K titles that aren't true 4K but are supposed to be slight enhanced Blu-rays. The only true 4K titles are those in the black boxes with the Ultra HD logo on the top.

i just wait for the uki version to be out probably will cost £300 hopefully bit less
The panasonic is going to be expensive. It's supposed to be £600 according to here. I think the Samsung will cost around £400 but hopefully it will be less.

Last edited:
I always give it at least 12-18 months before dropping cash on new tech so they can iron out the bugs

what concerns me is reading about the so called 'region free' discs. The discs aren't regionally coded but apparently the machine is geo locked via your internet connection (which apparently it has to be connected to in order to play stuff?) If anyone has any news on that and wants to correct me, please feel free to, that was the last i read on it

I have it on order and the site I have it on order with have had a e-mail from Samsung to take it down tell the 14th of March but Samsung give them the price for the player and its going to cost £429 which is a joke I may stop my order and save a bit more and go for the Panasonic player

Reactions: Sigill
High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP),of the samsung 4k ultra hd blu ray player will be 2.2 any 4k tvs which 2.1 you wont be able to use the 4k ultra hd blu ray player

I have it on order and the site I have it on order with have had a e-mail from Samsung to take it down tell the 14th of March but Samsung give them the price for the player and its going to cost £429 which is a joke I may stop my order and save a bit more and go for the Panasonic player
It's definatly too much considering it cost $399 in the US. The Panasonic looks like it will be a better player and that's not that much more expensive than the Samsung.