The Elephant Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: October 13th (was September 8th, 2014) (was August 4th, 2014)
Purchase link: The Elephant Man (Sat June 28)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Full gloss, limited to 2000 copies

bxMmf41403879920.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 242
Last edited by a moderator:
I was already looking for a blu-ray version of this movie, so steelbook would be nice.
Don't care about the limited print run, it all depends on price now for me. and nice artwork of course!

The make-up in this film really disturbed me as a child, back then when you're a child you're unable to understand the context, so to me it was like a horror film!

Superb film though, I already own the digibook, but this is such a beautiful film, I'm 99% certain this is going to be £17.99 or that slight chance it will be £14.99 like 'The Deer Hunter'. They know there's demand for this so expect the former.

I dont understand Zavvi. They have been announcing many back catalog titles lately that people on here have been asking for. So they are obviously paying close attention to what customers really want when it comes to movie titles. But when it comes to packaging they completely ignore all feedback from their customers.

Outstanding choice for a steel release... let's hope the Lynch films keeps on coming...

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

I dont understand Zavvi. They have been announcing many back catalog titles lately that people on here have been asking for. So they are obviously paying close attention to what customers really want when it comes to movie titles. But when it comes to packaging they completely ignore all feedback from their customers.
Good point, but I suppose it's a case of there's money to be made giving the customers the products they want, but saving every last penny by scrimping on the packaging to make sure it's not too heavy to cost more to post...

Suppose when you factor in the costs associated with returns processing and refund issuing, my argument falls on it's :ass:

I bet StudioCanal are reading this, exasperated, thinking "HOW CAN WE PLEASE THESE PEOPLE??"

It's not bad, at least it's the original VHS artwork, the very artwork which scared me as a kid. I'm still in.

Reactions: Filmbloke