Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: December 7th, 2010
Buy link: Inception

51%2B5-M1ZroL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

5104RpX3EmL._SS350_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, looks like it's DVD-sized. What do you think?

I think you just think the size of things are bigger than they really are ........ wait a minute ........ hold on .......... you are the best babe EVER :oohyeah:

Limited edition 3500 pieces, wonder how they pack a steelbook with a metal Totem :confused: i would say dvd size also :rolleyes:

Hopefully not sitting right on top of the steelbook :ohno:

Cheers
CrashKelly

I pre ordered ironman 2 limited to 2500 copies from them and it was dvd sized
I would like to get this one hoping it will not be dvd sized.

I love the limited availabilty

Lets get some confirmation on the case size if anyone can help

Hi All-I wrote to them a little while ago-will let you know if the provide additional info to confirm size.

Crash-very funny....then again your comment made sense, it's what "she" said;)

Crash-very funny....then again your comment made sense, it's what "she" said;)

:D

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

Was just actually thinking about this release and the whole limited to 3500 and size thing.

I believe that this will be a G2 sized steelbook because there is no way that Japan itself can get 3500 copies of a steelbook printed on their own. Minimum order for a BD steel is 4000 and minimum for a DVD steel is 8000.

With those numbers in mind, the "Limited to 3500 pieces" just doesn't work because either Japan is throwing away 500 copies of the BD Steelbook or they are thowing away 4500 copies of a DVD steelbook, not very likely, or Japan is sharing the order with the other countries that are releasing this steelbook, more likely. Since it seems that every release announcement seems to include the top from the movie, I vote for the later in that they, Japan, is sharing the order with other retailers.

That is my 5:30AM logic and I'm sticking to it :oohyeah:

Cheers
CrashKelly

As usual, Amazon JP wrote back saying that they'd need to check with another department-I'll post once I hear back.

:D

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

Was just actually thinking about this release and the whole limited to 3500 and size thing.

I believe that this will be a G2 sized steelbook because there is no way that Japan itself can get 3500 copies of a steelbook printed on their own. Minimum order for a BD steel is 4000 and minimum for a DVD steel is 8000.

With those numbers in mind, the "Limited to 3500 pieces" just doesn't work because either Japan is throwing away 500 copies of the BD Steelbook or they are thowing away 4500 copies of a DVD steelbook, not very likely, or Japan is sharing the order with the other countries that are releasing this steelbook, more likely. Since it seems that every release announcement seems to include the top from the movie, I vote for the later in that they, Japan, is sharing the order with other retailers.

That is my 5:30AM logic and I'm sticking to it :oohyeah:

Cheers
CrashKelly

Actually, I think bigger companies who place orders all the time, like amazon. Probably have more pull, and even if Scanavo wont break those quantities, (however who knows what quantities the scanavo asia goes by) they can probably atleast pool the Inception, Iron Man 2 and maybe that other asian title together for 8,000.

which btw, that Iron Man 2 is sold out already!

I hope this is bluray sized i hope it gets to me better then my kick ass did i would hate to see this one come damaged.

Hey wreck since iron man 2 sold out i bet this one will too, i might get a copy,

I reserved a copy of iron man 2 from japan hope it dont come damaged since you said it was sold out

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Now looking on Amazon Japan i don't see anywhere where it says there is only 3500 copies i used google translate and it didn't meantion nothing

But i did see it before

Actually, I think bigger companies who place orders all the time, like amazon. Probably have more pull, and even if Scanavo wont break those quantities, (however who knows what quantities the scanavo asia goes by) they can probably atleast pool the Inception, Iron Man 2 and maybe that other asian title together for 8,000.

which btw, that Iron Man 2 is sold out already!

That could very well be true, except for the pooling. I think the order limits are in place as anything less just isn't worth setting up all the equipment for, (offset lithography), which is why I think they introduced the sticker book awhile ago.

I still think this is a shared worlwide release, but I guess we will see come release date ;)

Cheers
CrashKelly

I just received a reply from amazon japan regarding the size of this steelbook:

"I'm writing to follow up on the specification of "【Amazon限定】[Limited] Inception (original steel design book Japan)
Totem (coma) and "Dream Sharing device" with the instruction manual [Full Limited] [Blu-ray]"(ASIN: B0042VJ8II.

According to our appropriate department, we learned that this item comes with the Blu-ray sized case which is 171.4x136 mm.

You will see more detail on a special page for this item on Amazon.co.jp:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/feature.html?docId=3077040716

Please feel free to contact us again if you have further questions or concerns.

Thanks for your interest in Amazon.co.jp--we look forward to receiving your order soon."

I did check the link and true enough it says there that "The size of the workbook still Burureikesusaizu (171.4 × side length 136mm) will be."

It took me a few seconds to figure out what "Burureikesusaizu" means. :hilarious:

Hey Jack-not stupid:) I just sketched it out, so I could see it visually, and if that size is correct, it seems it is Blu-Ray sized. I know this question has come up before and perhaps Yesasia has also provided measurements for their Hurt Locker in the past, but I forget what the measurements were, so I sketched it. I may get this one-I like the art:)

It really looks like the same mockup as the ones from Mexico and / or Future Shop, so I'll be sticking with those (much cheaper) alternatives.

I really like the design on this steel. Would definitely prefer the less expensive routes as well on this one (Mexico, Canada). Did FutureShop announce a release on this one?

I really like the design on this steel. Would definitely prefer the less expensive routes as well on this one (Mexico, Canada). Did FutureShop announce a release on this one?

Brana had said it would happen in one of the posts on the future shop forums...so that's what I'm going by.

Given the art that we've already seen for the Mexico one, it seems to me that it'll be like Clash of the Titans.