A Bittersweet Life (Blu-ray SteelBook) (BUDBLU Exclusive) [Korea]

wouter

Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2016
Herent, Belgium
Release date: August 30, 2018
Purchase links: Budblu Type A - Type B (Pre-order on August 10 at 2 PM Korean time) - Find your local timings HERE
Price: $39

A-Bittersweet-Life-A.JPGA-Bittersweet-Life-B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. Amazing movie that deserves a steel. May buy this and put the steel in my Nova slip.

Film is in desperate need of a remaster though

I don't like any of this two designs. I won't say that they are ugly, but ...

This is a special and elegant film, violent and delicate; and it has very careful images, with a very specific perspective created from its photography, a very personal rhythm and beat. The protagonist never loses his composure, knowing how to be; class and image.

I like that they've tried to publish a collector's edition, first times always are hardest, but this both designs are valid for several dozens of films that are not special at all. You just have to change the title.

I hope that in future releases have something more tact, care, and to understand the potential and specific characteristics of a film to be able to make an appropriate design for that product. For that cinematographic work.

It's about the design having personality, but the personality of the film; and that, at the same time, it's sufficiently beautiful and overly elegant so that people want to have it on their shelves.

Really love that movie. Type A looks pretty good, despite steelbook art is similar as the slip. But steelbook itself kinda reminds me I Saw The Devil art and it's a same director Kim Jee Woon.

5465.jpg

Forgot I ordered this one, went with type B as well but almostcwish if got both now :LOL:
Looking good though, and a good debut for them. Hopefully some more classic titles on the way - I'll take any edition of The Man From Nowhere, Tale of 2 Sisters or Sympathy for Lady Vengeance

Last edited: