Attachments

• 580325_10152874636460640_1319167698_n (1).jpg
    580325_10152874636460640_1319167698_n (1).jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 945580_10152874636670640_1316529286_n.jpg
    945580_10152874636670640_1316529286_n.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 262
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome News. If there's an international member that would like to pre-order, I'll be able to place the order via the York branch.

Certainly a positive outlook here, as it'll add more competition in relation to which retailer receives exclusive rights alongside price. :)

CONFIRMED....
This new pricing structure is the way they are going, they plan to compete or undercut amazon and Zavvi.

Not sure how they intend on doing that without an online store, and without advertising the fact that they have exclusives.

Undercutting Amazon and Zavvi's prices on SteelBooks is certainly a turnaround for HMV, who before the administration were known to raise the prices of SteelBooks by at least 20% straight after release! Without an online store though, they may as well be trading at a car boot sale! ;)

Reactions: TakingYoSteelz
Not sure how they intend on doing that without an online store, and without advertising the fact that they have exclusives.

Undercutting Amazon and Zavvi's prices on SteelBooks is certainly a turnaround for HMV, who before the administration were known to raise the prices of SteelBooks by at least 20% straight after release! Without an online store though, they may as well be trading at a car boot sale! ;)

Small steps so not to make the same mistakes again. Also good to have some differe t uk exclusives

Awesome News. If there's an international member that would like to pre-order, I'll be able to place the order via the York branch.

Certainly a positive outlook here, as it'll add more competition in relation to which retailer receives exclusive rights alongside price. :)

I better beat you down into town then or they'll be non left :hilarious:

Great news to hear that HMV is geting back in the game again. But they need there online websie back for things like this. For me the HMV near me is over 40 mins away and can only go on the weekends so again need the website. On a side note they could have got a better movie for there first steelbook back.

Reactions: Heche1981
TBH if this is going to be the first HMV exclusive in a good while then I'm disappointed.IMO this film was very poor.on a good note though,its great to see HMV getting back into the steelbook exclusives:oohyeah:

Last edited:
Reactions: TakingYoSteelz

Mind getting one for me? :) I love the die hard films and would love to have this in a steelbook. could cancel my amazon.it order then.

Well they undercut them on Life of Pi and Django, so I say let's get behind them. Online retailers thinking they can charge steelbook collectors whatever they want is no good for us is it.

The sales girl told me that HMV plan to undercut the other retailers when it comes to Steelbook pricing.

This is really good news, but i agree its gonna be pretty toothless with no online store and half their stores closed down.

...seriously, i cant be the only one unwilling to travel like 500 miles outta my way just to pick up one steelbook - i'd rather pay more online from amazon

This is good news. Although I don't understand them not being online, always used them for their steelbooks. I'll definitely pop in to see how much they're knocking these out for. Saw this in the cinema and by far the worst Die Hard made, but I can't resist completing a set, and it's a steel :)

Great news to hear HMV getting back on the steelbook horse, even if it's only instore! I'm lucky that both my locals stayed open so I'll be popping in on release day to bag myself a mint copy. Be a bargain if it is only £14.99 too and a whole £10 cheaper than my order at Amazon.it; however, now the Evil Dead UK steel's been cancelled that'll be going towards the Canadian version- swings and roundabouts!!

Last edited:
Went to my nearest branch today in Leeds & pre ordered a couple of copies while there i spoke to the store manager about any future steelbook exclusive's and was told that they intend to give both zavvi & amazon a run for their money but he did'nt mention any specific titles so i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Saw this film the other day. Don't want the Steelbook. Never want to see the film again.

I would love the first two on Steel though, to complete the trilogy.

Even if I did want the Steel, my nearest HMV is a ferry ride and a 45 mile drive away. A bit much for any steel, so come on HMV, hurry up and get back online.

The sales girl told me that HMV plan to undercut the other retailers when it comes to Steelbook pricing.

Yeah my brother told me about this and said to expect it to be cheap,he said rough pricing would be £15 he said he couldn't see it being cheaper than that, it's great news for me because I get to go in on the Saturday before release and pick my copy ready for Monday

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

I have a feeling also Evil Dead and A Place Beyond The Pinesmay become HMV Exclusives

Yeah my brother told me about this and said to expect it to be cheap,he said rough pricing would be £15 he said he couldn't see it being cheaper than that, it's great news for me because I get to go in on the Saturday before release and pick my copy ready for Monday

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

I have a feeling also Evil Dead and A Place Beyond The Pinesmay become HMV Exclusives

Nice one. I think Zavvi need some competition, as I feel their older title releases are priced too high. Hopefully HMV will do this, especially when they're back online.

And for some reason I too was thinking Evil Dead might become an HMV exclusive.