A Monster Calls (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

Jan 15, 2014
Taipei
Release date: June 24, July 13 July 22, 2022
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip
Price: $42.89 (Full Slip) - $38.89 (Quarter Slip)

A_07bb0e99-9e7d-49b7-adcf-04ada27fffce_2000x2000.jpgB_c3b14fd7-a9f7-40d5-8155-7d2aab568039_2000x2000.jpgee0782e1652b6e58d2cf5fc1a05e5ed1_2000x2000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they at least release just the steel, since they already had a physical mockup of it back in June. As long as they have the rights to the title, they could do a run of the steels and be done, even if they don't do the whole package. It's no surprise when a company takes preorders before they show any images at all, but when a company already has a video of the actual item, and then total silence? That's confusing.

I think i heard from a couple people on this board that Plain archive is now just focusing on books and moving away from blu rays. Big mistake IMO, but I wouldn't count on this release anytime soon if at all
That sounds crazy . . . who even reads anymore?
just joking folks
"Can you shorten this a bit? i barely read more than 3 lines a day"

Such a downer about PA. Was really looking forward to this. Stunning art. I really hope they still release this and little drummer girl before they fully transition to just books and screenplays

Such a downer about PA. Was really looking forward to this. Stunning art. I really hope they still release this and little drummer girl before they fully transition to just books and screenplays
Or both! A Monster Calls would be a perfect steelbook-plus-book/screenplay set. As a big fan of published screenplays and art-of movie books, I'd be into a new niche that has a steelbook plus a book.

Reactions: zeebeer
Or both! A Monster Calls would be a perfect steelbook-plus-book/screenplay set. As a big fan of published screenplays and art-of movie books, I'd be into a new niche that has a steelbook plus a book.
That's a great idea. I never see the point in buying just a screenplay (while I do like actually reading and studying them) but if it comes in a nice premium package I'd buy it instantly. The big majority of films released by PA have great screenplays.

Books are fine with me, especially the art of the movie styles like you mention. Plus that works with a monster calls. I imagine there’s some amazing pre production illustrated visions. But I’m not bothered for screenplays.
For me I’d rather they keep them out to save costs. However, they can always do a version with all that like they have with some previous releases. I think fox catcher had about 6 different versions lol

Books are fine with me, especially the art of the movie styles like you mention. Plus that works with a monster calls. I imagine there’s some amazing pre production illustrated visions. But I’m not bothered for screenplays.
For me I’d rather they keep them out to save costs. However, they can always do a version with all that like they have with some previous releases. I think fox catcher had about 6 different versions lol
For anybody who likes A Monster Calls, I highly recommend the book The Art and Vision Behind the Film, which is a combination of "Art of" and the screenplay. In this case, the screenplay is especially interesting because it was written by Patrick Ness, who wrote the original novel. Some interesting comments from him on what that process was like, and why he made the changes he did from book to screenplay.

I think they did something like that recently with Believer, a boxset of some sorts, just like the Kimchi wind river special boxset. I love those kind of editions, would love to see PA do more of that. The Believer box looks cool but it's an Asian B-Movie so I have no interest in buying it

Not sure how you defined B movie but believe me that Believer is a B movie not

I think they did something like that recently with Believer, a boxset of some sorts, just like the Kimchi wind river special boxset. I love those kind of editions, would love to see PA do more of that. The Believer box looks cool but it's an Asian B-Movie so I have no interest in buying it