Thunder Bay
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: A Quiet Place 2

Genre: Drama, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: John Krasinski

Cast: Emily Blunt

Release: 2021-4-23

Plot: Plot unknown.

I was planning to watch this on my birthday tomorrow but my cinema is so small that they only allow about 20 seats now and all are booked all week. Plus where only 3/4 seats are available per row and some have only 1 or 2 seats taken they blank out the other seats because of social distancing so really there’s only about 10 people in each showing lol.
ah was looking forward to this. Maybe next week

Tickets booked for Saturday.
First cinema strip in god knows how long. Genuinely can’t remember the last film i watched at the cinema

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Any theories about a certain moment in this film?

I was thinking that maybe the “invasion” isn’t just in America but maybe worldwide. Wasn’t the footage of the “bomb” on the tv at the start in Shanghai?
When he enters the store and the guy is watching the news. I’m sure it said Shanghai.
Then of course the big scene with the thing falling from the sky.
At first i thought it was a meteorite or comet and then I thought it seemed too slow (maybe more a ship slowing down) plus I kept thinking of the Shanghai thing. I know the creatures can’t operate anything, they are like a wild animal but what if they were sent to earth on some kind of giant pod things by another species to clear out the earth.
like another species going around and wiping out other planets life.

just a thought

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles

I was thinking that maybe the “invasion” isn’t just in America but maybe worldwide. Wasn’t the footage of the “bomb” on the tv at the start in Shanghai?
When he enters the store and the guy is watching the news. I’m sure it said Shanghai.
My first i thought was meteorite or comment and then I thought it seemed too slow maybe plus I kept thinking of the Shanghai thing. I know the creatures can’t operate anything, they are like a wild animal but what if they were sent to earth on some kind of giant pod things by another species to clear out the earth.

just a thought
It’s seems to be very plausible. I’ve seen a few people with the same/similar theory.

Reactions: Flloydo
Great sequel! Krasinki has proven the first movie wasn't just a fluke and that he really knows what he's doing IMO. If anything, I wish this was actually longer... genuinely felt like I'd only been watching for around 45mins, and then it ended lol. That's when you know a film is good though :D

At first i thought it was a meteorite or comet and then I thought it seemed too slow (maybe more a ship slowing down) plus I kept thinking of the Shanghai thing. I know the creatures can’t operate anything, they are like a wild animal but what if they were sent to earth on some kind of giant pod things by another species to clear out the earth.

just a thought
I honestly hadn't given it much thought, but I assumed it was worldwide... now you've got me wondering though lol.

I honestly hadn't given it much thought, but I assumed it was worldwide... now you've got me wondering though lol.

I like to think...

They were sent to wipe us out. By something else

I can’t help but think there’s no way they crash landed here because if it’s not a vehicle/ space ship then it has to be a comet/ meteorite. However the impact of that would of destroyed a huge area. And they got to the town quickly and unharmed. Plus the impact would of killed them. Yeah they have hard shell like
Skin but that ain’t surviving on the backOf a comet. Plus why would they include the Shanghai news report of the bomb.
has to be a spaceship slowing down

Reactions: Noodles
I like to think...

They were sent to wipe us out. By something else

I can’t help but think there’s no way they crash landed here because if it’s not a vehicle/ space ship then it has to be a comet/ meteorite. However the impact of that would of destroyed a huge area. And they got to the town quickly and unharmed. Plus the impact would of killed them. Yeah they have hard shell like
Skin but that ain’t surviving on the backOf a comet. Plus why would they include the Shanghai news report of the bomb.
has to be a spaceship slowing down
Exactly what I'd just been thinking...

The attack in their small town happened whilst the asteroid/ship/whatever was most likely still on its way to earth... the time between when we last saw it in the sky to when the "first" creature attacked seemed very short, so were there multiple landings? And like you said, if that were an asteroid, then it would've most likely wiped the aliens out as well as most of earth. Must admit that I missed the mention of Shanghai when watching the film, but definitely sounds like it wasn't just a one-off then.