Release date: August 13th, 2018
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE

01-484072.png

71u47BM0KuL._SL1500_.jpg
81ELoPTBkfL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the way I was slated on the Avengers thread for suggesting £33 was overpriced for a 4K steelbook and yet this is being criticised for being overpriced at £30.

BTW I'm not disagreeing, I feel £30 is still overpriced especially as the regular 4K disc is £20.

If this was £25, I would be all over it!!!

Might pre-order in the hope it does drop, and if not, then I'll cancel.

This movie was such a shame because of the sheer brilliance and mastery present in certain sequences- yet the effect of the film is constantly undercut because the movie treats it's audience like children watching a Blumhouse film.

What a waste of a movie. :/

I like the way I was slated on the Avengers thread for suggesting £33 was overpriced for a 4K steelbook and yet this is being criticised for being overpriced at £30.

BTW I'm not disagreeing, I feel £30 is still overpriced especially as the regular 4K disc is £20.

If this was £25, I would be all over it!!!

Might pre-order in the hope it does drop, and if not, then I'll cancel.

Personally I think you are right - both this and Avengers: IW 4K are way too expensive. I think retailers are testing the water here to see what they can get away with just because of the "fancy" new format included. There's never been a better time to vote with your wallets.

The key difference is that I'm not forced into buying the expensive 4K version with Infinity War - but I AM with this release :angry:.

Reactions: Stuc and JayWhit
Personally I think you are right - both this and Avengers: IW 4K are way too expensive. I think retailers are testing the water here to see what they can get away with just because of the "fancy" new format included. There's never been a better time to vote with your wallets.

The key difference is that I'm not forced into buying the expensive 4K version with Infinity War - but I AM with this release :angry:.

I feel your pain - I really liked this film and was so pleased to see a steelbook, but I just feel if I give in and pay £30 I'm giving them licence to think it's ok, so I should stick with the amaray for £20 :dunno:

Decisions, decisions!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Stuc and ChrisIW
I feel your pain - I really liked this film and was so pleased to see a steelbook, but I just feel if I give in and pay £30 I'm giving them licence to think it's ok, so I should stick with the amaray for £20 :dunno:

Decisions, decisions!!

DON'T DO IT!!! ;) Seriously though, I highly doubt it will sell out at this price anyway so there's probably no rush to make a decision.

• Thanks
Reactions: JayWhit
I dislike standard giant bold lettering catchphrases on steelbooks. It feels so cheap. I'm passing on this one anyway but now I've definitely decided to pass.

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76
Art is uninspiring and that price is waaaay too high. Will most likely go for the 4K amaray too.

I thought the movie was awesome by the way.

Yes, they definitely need to release a regular Blu-ray only version for £17.99 - £19.99 as they've done with others.

As for the artwork: definitely from the best poster for this film out there :thumbs: ... and nice to see the red version instead of t'other ... although it in no way makes up for the black instead of the red RED SPARROW steelbook.

Good enough for the tube, good enough for me:-
DZt4j3uVwAAIfMF.jpg:large

DZt4j7QU0AAh-cy.jpg:large

A-Quiet-Place-Poster.jpg

That’s the problem with this film, there’s no good art work

That steel art is awful and the back is even worse. Such a great film though

Would like to see what a mondo artist would do for this

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76
I feel your pain - I really liked this film and was so pleased to see a steelbook, but I just feel if I give in and pay £30 I'm giving them licence to think it's ok, so I should stick with the amaray for £20 :dunno:!

Completely agree with you, and I think this release and justice league are the straws that broke the camels back. The past year has seen a fast decline in the quality of steelbook releases, terrible artwork, poor screenings, lacklustre colours, no side titles, no front titles, random pop art, lack of debossing or embossing, and awful finishes, exacerbated by price hikes where steelbook have risen to almost double the price point.

Retailers haven't failed to notice steelbook collectors paying a higher price point for releases from kimchi, manta lab and blu fans, and are now pushing their luck to see what they can get away with.

Point is, those manufacturers produce high end, glossy, debossed/embossed, quality steelbook said with art booklets, lenticular slipcase, pet slips, stickers and a range of extras. With standard bland steelbooks now creeping quickly towards those prices despite having NONE of this, I just refuse to support it and ENABLE it.

I loved this film, I thought it was great, but as a steelbook collector for many many years, and with my focus being the standard blu ray and 3D, I have no need for the 4K disc, and the artwork on the amarays the past year has been far superior, so why would I pay double for bland artwork 'just because it's metal'.

I'm actually ashamed and embarrassed for myself looking through my collection to just how many steelbooks I have purchased that have had terrible artwork, but because I'm a steelbook collector I opted for that version over the amaray version. What the hell was I thinking? How much money have I wasted on subpar releases just for the sake of them being in a metal case? I shudder to think.

I've made a rule with myself that I will only purchase steels that truly feel like the 'premium definitive' release a film deserves now. I will not enable more cheap skate poorly designed fodder to grace my shelves because it just enables studios to continue ploughing out this rubbish. Such a shame for such a great film.

Completely agree with you, and I think this release and justice league are the straws that broke the camels back. The past year has seen a fast decline in the quality of steelbook releases, terrible artwork, poor screenings, lacklustre colours, no side titles, no front titles, random pop art, lack of debossing or embossing, and awful finishes, exacerbated by price hikes where steelbook have risen to almost double the price point.

Retailers haven't failed to notice steelbook collectors paying a higher price point for releases from kimchi, manta lab and blu fans, and are now pushing their luck to see what they can get away with.

Point is, those manufacturers produce high end, glossy, debossed/embossed, quality steelbook said with art booklets, lenticular slipcase, pet slips, stickers and a range of extras. With standard bland steelbooks now creeping quickly towards those prices despite having NONE of this, I just refuse to support it and ENABLE it.

I loved this film, I thought it was great, but as a steelbook collector for many many years, and with my focus being the standard blu ray and 3D, I have no need for the 4K disc, and the artwork on the amarays the past year has been far superior, so why would I pay double for bland artwork 'just because it's metal'.

I'm actually ashamed and embarrassed for myself looking through my collection to just how many steelbooks I have purchased that have had terrible artwork, but because I'm a steelbook collector I opted for that version over the amaray version. What the hell was I thinking? How much money have I wasted on subpar releases just for the sake of them being in a metal case? I shudder to think.

I've made a rule with myself that I will only purchase steels that truly feel like the 'premium definitive' release a film deserves now. I will not enable more cheap skate poorly designed fodder to grace my shelves because it just enables studios to continue ploughing out this rubbish. Such a shame for such a great film.
Like all art...it's subjective.

I really hope the studios are continuing to deliver steelbooks with this kind of great art :thumbs: