Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: July 10, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6251659_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone pick this one up for me as I missed out on the original group buy?
Andy still might be able to get that for you. We can find out though.

@apsmith21 ???
Fair enough. Hearing too many good reports about this steel to pass it by!

More than willing to order you a copy Roger - I don't have any extras left. Please note that the price went up from Best Buy and would need to be
reflected there (about $5 more) and also there were a huge amount of spine slash copies so it might take a couple to get a good one. Just let me know please if you are still interested. :thumbs:

Reactions: Lone Crusader
More than willing to order you a copy Roger - I don't have any extras left. Please note that the price went up from Best Buy and would need to be
reflected there (about $5 more) and also there were a huge amount of spine slash copies so it might take a couple to get a good one. Just let me know please if you are still interested. :thumbs:

Hey Andy is this normal when ordering online from BB(when it says Available Online),
A quiet Place Steelbook has been out for 2 months, the copies I received looked like Store copies the shrink wrap showed signs of shelf wear...
The Hocus Pocus you got for me, the Shrink Wrap was Flawless...

Is this maybe because it is Best buy Canada ? or would ordering a copy for BB US also show sign of being handled (like a store copy) for a quiet place ?

Hey Andy is this normal when ordering online from BB(when it says Available Online),
A quiet Place Steelbook has been out for 2 months, the copies I received looked like Store copies the shrink wrap showed signs of shelf wear...
The Hocus Pocus you got for me, the Shrink Wrap was Flawless...

Is this maybe because it is Best buy Canada ? or would ordering a copy for BB US also show sign of being handled (like a store copy) for a quiet place ?

I mean it depends. Your Hocus Pocus was obtained from a store directly but had been on the shelf less than a week. So there is a bit of that, moving around that has happens -
from new movies to their new steelbook section or whatever and then the shrink might get torn from that.

And you can always tell if something has been stocked in store (versus shipped direct from the warehouse) with Best Buy USA as there typically is a white stock sticker on the front top edge.

Not always but most times - and lately Best Buy will stock the stores will all the copies and then ship from the store to the person ordering online.

Also depends on the distributor - some are worse at spine slashes then others (under the shrink) and the same with packaging some get beat up before they hit the shelves I think.

So many variables with these things.

Hey Andy @apsmith21 I´m interested in one piece pls :notworthy:;):coffee:

I'll look to place a couple more orders.

I mean it depends. Your Hocus Pocus was obtained from a store directly but had been on the shelf less than a week. So there is a bit of that, moving around that has happens -
from new movies to their new steelbook section or whatever and then the shrink might get torn from that.

And you can always tell if something has been stocked in store (versus shipped direct from the warehouse) with Best Buy USA as there typically is a white stock sticker on the front top edge.

Not always but most times - and lately Best Buy will stock the stores will all the copies and then ship from the store to the person ordering online.

Also depends on the distributor - some are worse at spine slashes then others (under the shrink) and the same with packaging some get beat up before they hit the shelves I think.

@apsmith21 Andy would also like one if there's a chance you can get anymore

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21

Thanks for the explanation :notworthy:

No I wasn't making reference to the Hocus Pocus you sent me, the Shrink wrap on it is actually Perfect :) Perfect Mint copies you sent to me :D

I was asking because I ordered A Quiet Place from BB Canada Online and my copies looked like they were from a store, although there was no price sticker.
It was just weird to order something online and get my 2 copies that looked like they were store copies(like they have been around)
I was expecting a perfect Shrink wrap like your Hocus Pocus.

@apsmith21 Andy would also like one if there's a chance you can get anymore

Will do, have placed a couple orders, will advise further when they arrive.

Thanks for the explanation :notworthy:

No I wasn't making reference to the Hocus Pocus you sent me, the Shrink wrap on it is actually Perfect :) Perfect Mint copies you sent to me :D

I was asking because I ordered A Quiet Place from BB Canada Online and my copies looked like they were from a store, although there was no price sticker.
It was just weird to order something online and get my 2 copies that looked like they were store copies(like they have been around)
I was expecting a perfect Shrink wrap like your Hocus Pocus.

Yeah the Best Buy system is setup so the request will come into a store, and I think the person that is also assigned for in store pickups (sourcing from the shelves) will go and grab that online
order and set it aside.

Best Buy seems to be sending stock to stores and not shipping direct from the warehouse on the more limited ones.

However, I will say that after a certain amount of time, they do seem to go back to the warehouse for storage, so if the copies at a certain store didn't sell, they go back.

At lease in the USA, physical media shelf space is at a premium at most Best Buy stores that I've seen.