Ur mum
Release date: August 30, 2021
Purchase links: HMV - Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £32.99

1D3D9649-51CF-4B4A-BA19-9B72A885DDFD.jpeg

A6A1D870-125A-4BF8-99C8-18CAB9C33E16.jpeg

BA3C5848-25F5-432B-B0A5-70E8182AE427.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
While it's true that John Krasinski is in the film, if there are only two names on the front cover, should he be one of them? (If it were a "Directed by" credit, that would be different, of course.)

While it's true that John Krasinski is in the film, if there are only two names on the front cover, should he be one of them? (If it were a "Directed by" credit, that would be different, of course.)

Didn't even notice that

Blunt has more of a supporting role this time around as well, we all know who the two stars of the show this time around are and not even a mention for either :(

Fire the artist

That's way too subtle word...
What in the world do then think designing artwork like that ... Holly...

I think i'll wait for Mondo release. I mean i hope they do it cause i have their case from 1st movie and it's so cool.

Hoping for a U'Mania fullslip in line with their gorgeous fullslip release for the first movie....
I hope for it, but I doubt it. U'mania haven't released a wea steel since the quiet place. They may well release a premium wwa, but I'm super selective when buying wwa premiums though.. I've got 9 in total, 6 are FAC, and 7 were only about £30 :rofl:

Last edited:
Reactions: leelee17
a great example of the last 12 months of WWA steelbook artwork. :grumpy: a period i hope will pass and, if it does, will be remembered as the 'That'll do" era. :bored:
Meme Reaction GIF

is there something which prevents them from using available poster art? but no, that's not necessary all the time, so if not doing that, why not encourage people to part with their (much increased price) money? isn't that just good sales at the end of the day? rather than it ending up in the regularly promoted discount bin - for months at a time?

i appreciate this is a site for physical media junkies rather than your average purchaser, but the success of the HDN Reel Synergy series (of which i am an enthusastic supporter) illustrates a well known fact - collectors will pay good money up front for good artwork and treatment. and will avoid bad artwork and weak design. like this one, which i will be missing at this price.

Last edited:
a great example of the last 12 months of WWA steelbook artwork. :grumpy: a period i hope will pass and, if it does, will be remembered as the 'That'll do" era. :bored:
Meme Reaction GIF

is there something which prevents them from using available poster art? but no, that's not neceesary all the time, so if not doing that, why not encourage people to part with their (much increased price) money? isn't that just good sales at the end of the day? rather than it ending up in the regularly promoted discount bin - for months at a time?

i appreciate this is a site for physical media junkies rather than your average purchaser, but the success of the HDN Reel Synergy series (of which i am an enthusastic supporter) illustrates a well known fact - collectors will pay good money up front for good artwork and treatment. and will avoid bad artwork and weak design. like this one, which i will be missing at this price.

Like you said. People will pay good money up front for good artwork...good artwork is usually the poster artwork and the rights to use the poster artwork are sold to the premium companies if they want to use it.

The best art isn't going to be wasted on WWA SteelBooks.

Like you said. People will pay good money up front for good artwork...good artwork is usually the poster artwork and the rights to use the poster artwork are sold to the premium companies if they want to use it.

The best art isn't going to be wasted on WWA SteelBooks.
thanks, fair point. i'm sure we used to get poster art more regularly on WWAs - we definitely got better new designs - and of course better finishes. recent years have seen a lot of that replaced by pop art, 'single symbolic item from the film' art, lazy doodles, and stuff like this.

genuine question - are the margins so tight now that paying for the best poster art is too expensive? if you used better art on a WWA, wouldn't that run have a lot more items being sold, to the now larger group of steelbook collectors around, with what are now higher prices, so the margins would probably beat a 500 limited edition run premium edition? if not, probably why i am not an economist. :)

Will wait for a better steelbook elsewhere or for a massive price drop on this... £33 is too much even if it did have great art.

Reactions: JayWhit
Just see this at the cinema (first trip in well over a year)

Excellent sequel. Just as good as the first. Incredibly suspenseful and intense.

Cillian Murphy and the little deaf girl are fantastic

That opening scene and the moment on the dock - wow