A Star is Born (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 25) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Total voters
Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 23, 2019
Purchase link: Full Slip 4K, Lenticular Slip A, Lenticular Slip B - Preorder on July 12th 8PM (HKT, UTC+8), Local Time HERE
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip 4K), $43.99 (Lenticular Slip A), $43.99 (Lenticular Slip B)

MANTA LAB EXCLUSIVE #025 <A STAR IS BORN> STEELBOOK (Extended Edition)
- Numbered, 1-800
(Due to large number of orders, shipping out can take up to 1 week from the release date)

- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed" Title. Steelbook
- Booklet (Full Size)
- Postcards (4ea)
- Character Cards (7ea)
- Envelope with Spot Gloss

- Tip-on with Product Specification

SteelBook:
A Star is Born_steelbook.jpg

One Click:
A Star is Born_one click_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_one click_front.jpg A Star is Born_one click_back.jpg

Full Slip 4K:
A Star is Born_full slip_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_full slip_front.jpg

Lenticular Slip A:
A Star is Born_lenticular slip A_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_lenticular slip A_front.jpg

Lenticular Slip B:
A Star is Born_lenticular slip B_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_lenticular slip B_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone care to add 4K to the thread title? I don't have the chops for it (I just wanted to hear myself say it, heheh). @Flloydo, Manta has heard your plea and are granting a one week stay. :smuggrin: :naughty:

It does look like the studio was very strict on the art. Pretty much all of it was used before. The SteelBook is worth it though, IMO.

I’ve decided on the full slip. I do like that black and white art tbh. Lentis just aren’t doing it for me.

Oh sweet. Next Friday

Looking at what Filmarena have used and comparing them I think lenti A but I do think it’s a weird choice for a lenti and the back is just a view. I weirdly like it but think it would have been better as a full slip

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
[ME#25] A Star is Born Manta Lab Exclusive Steelbook Pre-order Information.

Hello our most patient customers, this is John from Manta Lab. I've finally managed to finish most of the packing for previous pre-orders (Aquaman and First Man) and I thank everyone who's being patient with the orders. Order status and Tracking number will be updated by this weekend. Now, we are ready to roll our next pre-order for Manta Lab's 19/20 releases.

This is the extended cut of the A Star is Born and we are very happy to have chance to release this movie as our exclusive steelbook. Both Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga performed fantastically and we hope to see the extended cut to see if this completes the movie even more.

I've promised updates for a long time and it's definitely long overdue so I will make a post right after posting this information.
Please look below for more information on the pre-order for [ME#25] A Star is Born Exlcusive Steelbook.
1. Pre-order Date: 8PM, July 12th, 2019 (HKT, GMT+8)
2. Release Date: August 21st, 2019
3. Print Run (2400 units for both Domestic and International)
(Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click)
*Full Slip($48.99)(2D+UHD): 1-800 numbered
*Lenticular Full Slip-A($43.99)(2D): 1-800 numbered
*Lenticular Full Slip-B($43.99)(2D): 1-800 numbered
*One Click ($146.97): 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
4. Goodies
- Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope, Tip on with Information.
5. Effects
- Full Slip: Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Foil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Foil + Embossing

Last edited:
Amazing work from Manta once again. Can't really decide whether I like the most. Prolly going for the 4K tho.

Jesus!!! Manta are spoling all us!! Aquaman to ship soon then this preorder next week!! Would usually go for the fullslip for the 4k but I love those lighter in colour lentis too!

Damn...I’d didn’t realize that the lenticulars are 2k. Oh well...probably going to get the 1 click, since in the end this is mostly a collectible. I really wish Blu Ray would die and we’d just do 4K already. Of course by the time that happens, 8K TVs will be the norm.