Ad Astra (4K+2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (FilmArena Collection #?) [Czech Republic]

The so-called "dead language" Latin creeping into modern films continues apace . . . most appropriate in this case with the words associated with the memorial to the tragic events of the planned Apollo 1 moon landing (1967) ...
1571360438922.png

... and in its usual form "Per Aspera Ad Astra" = the title of a Soviet sci-fi film from 1981...
1571398611671.png
... with the similar motto "Per Ardua Ad Astra" (the RAF etc.) more familiar maybe.

As for Latin popping up in movies and in movie titles . . . not just in the expected genre of films - horror and 'historical' such as DRACULA, THE EXORCIST, THE OMEN, THE CONJURING + LIFE OF BRIAN, THE NAME OF THE ROSE etc): here are a few examples:-
In Titles
- JOHN WICK 3: PARABELLUM 2019 ("Prepare for war")

and complete "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" / If you want peace, prepare for war"

- QUO VADIS? 1951 ("Where are you going?")
- VICE VERSA 1988 ("The position being reversed")
- EX_MACHINA 2015 (Deus Ex_Machina" / "God from the machine")

Quotes
- "Carpe Diem" / "Seize the day" DEAD POETS SOCIETY 1989

- Mel Gibson, "Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum **** indomitus" / "I never tell a lie, but I am a savage" BRAVEHEART 1995
- "Libera Tutemet Ex Infernis" / "Save yourself from hell" EVENT HORIZON 1997

Mottos
- "Draco Dormiens Ninquam Titillandus" ("Never tickle a sleeping dragon") - motto of Harry Potter’s alma mater, Hogwart’s school of witchcraft and wizardry
- "Ars Gratia Artis" / "Art for art's sake" above the famous MGM roaring lion

Quick question since I'm a newbie FAC buyer: is the link in the OP to the XL version the one to get if I want everything or do I also have to buy the other 4K version that says (+ Gift Steelbook's foil)??

Quick question since I'm a newbie FAC buyer: is the link in the OP to the XL version the one to get if I want everything or do I also have to buy the other 4K version that says (+ Gift Steelbook's foil)??

Gift steelbook foil don’t worry about this it’s only a small plastic bag so you can put the Steelbook into it...

This FAC will be an XL Slip that will come automatically with the 4K UHD + Blu-Ray.

Right now I recommend for you to click on the “I WANT TO BUY” button when you are on the release page link in the OP. If you are early enough and some copies become available they will email you.

There will be a 3 day window pre-order for those who own a still collectible number, those collectors will have first chance at buying their numbered copies, if there are some copies left they will be assigned to those who are on the waiting list(who clicked on the I WANT TO BUY button)

You might also check regularly here as there will be a group buy for this release.

I hope this helps

Last edited:
Gift steelbook foil don’t worry about this it’s only a small plastic bag so you can put the Steelbook into it...

This FAC will be an XL Slip that will come automatically with the 4K UHD + Blu-Ray.

Right now I recommend for you to click on the “I WANT TO BUY” button when you are on the release page link in the OP. If you are early enough and some copies become available they will email you.

There will be a 3 day window pre-order for those who own a still collectible number, those collectors will have first chance at buying their numbered copies, if there are some copies left they will be assigned to those who are on the waiting list(who clicked on the I WANT TO BUY button)

You might also check regularly here as there will be a group buy for this release.

I hope this helps
What a beautiful response; seriously, this is exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you for taking the time to explain everything so thoroughly.

• Friendly
Reactions: Actarus
Any further news about this? I put in an order for the FullSlip XL ages ago, but nothing has updated since then, and now the other editions have sold out. Hmm.

• Thanks
Reactions: ethnosax
Oh right. The dressed up ones, which is what this thread is for, are the last to be released.
It hasn't been cancelled so have faith, and grab a chair :D

• Friendly
Reactions: wquach