Ad Astra (Possible Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.?) [Hong Kong]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, I wasn't laughing at that, only at the screen caps suggestion lol
I also like good space movies. This isn't one of them though.
Apollo 13 later this year will give me that fix.

Ohh thought you were laughing because I literally repeated myself (said the exact same in the Blade runner thread). I actually don't hate screencaps if they're done right which isn't often but it's sometimes a better option if there isn't much official artwork approved. Haven't seen Apollo 13, but I liked ad astra. It's really slow and kinda pointless but I liked the cinematography and the mood.

Reactions: DMD4k
Agreed on the screencaps being a better option than black space... except maybe for this particular film lol
If you liked Ad Astra you're in for a treat when you watch Apollo 13. Enjoy!

Reactions: zeebeer
I watched this again a few nights ago. It really loses something not being on the big screen—many details I remember from the theater that just don't come through clearly on a smaller screen. But I still find it an intriguing film, when considered less as a realistic space movie and more as a metaphorical journey of one person's healing process. I'm glad there's occasionally a big-budget movie that tries something different. :) And of course I'd love a good premium edition (with WEA!).

then-why-the-heck-are-you-even-here.jpg

:rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Ohh thought you were laughing because I literally repeated myself (said the exact same in the Blade runner thread). I actually don't hate screencaps if they're done right which isn't often but it's sometimes a better option if there isn't much official artwork approved. Haven't seen Apollo 13, but I liked ad astra. It's really slow and kinda pointless but I liked the cinematography and the mood.
Agreed. For some reasons I don't think Joker's SL back screen cap fits but it's still one stunning release. On the other hand I do love Birds of Prey SL one (with her being in the cage). Manta does great jobs most of the time. They just need not to be lazy ;)

Reactions: zeebeer
Status
Not open for further replies.