Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 10, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Wednesday August 1 at around 12 midday UK time)
Price: £24.99

11835815-1454597859889408.jpg

DjGd7YoX0AMgY-N.jpg
DjGeEQKWwAEcskd.jpg

Last edited:
Seen tons of photos on social media today showing damaged copies of this steel (and Meet the Robinson's), all due to Zavvi being cheap with the packaging... well, it's obviously bit them in the butt, since they'll now lose money having to issue replacements/refunds.

Yeah 10% off next purchase, doesn't hurt them one bit!

Did the mailers have damage or did Zavvi knowingly post damaged ones? One reason I’ve stopped ordering from them is cause I received 2 in a row severely damaged but the boxes they were in were prestine. Was gonna order this but now not so sure I wanna play a lottery for it

Did the mailers have damage or did Zavvi knowingly post damaged ones? One reason I’ve stopped ordering from them is cause I received 2 in a row severely damaged but the boxes they were in were prestine. Was gonna order this but now not so sure I wanna play a lottery for it
Damage mostly happens after been posted
Basic cardboard mailers and even the white boxes can be undamaged and steelbook and other products can still get destroyed easily as they not great at protecting goods inside

Parcels can get dropped and thrown a lot within postal system at various stages and is often handled by different postal carriers and your local postman can drop parcels also.

The white boxes give better protection with steelbooks than the basic cardboard mailers but there is always the still the chance getting damaged in transit even with white boxes.
Basic cardboard mailers are hi risk and lucky dip if contents arrive undamaged especially for steelbooks

Last edited:
This steelbook looks pretty damn sweet, but I've just been burned too many times to buy steelbooks that either a) may not get a complete set or b) the design may change with future releases. If the series finishes at some point - THEN I'll look at what the steelbook situation is.

Reactions: Blusteelys
Same here. Did yours come in an A1 mailer like mine?

View attachment 392160

Yes A1 mailer

The mailer was also bent in my case

I doubt Zavvi will send noticeably damaged ones, like ones with massive dents in the top for example. I wouldn't expect them to notice spine slashes or paint chips, or even care in those cases.

I actually thought my Agents of SHIELD was okay until I unwrapped it. It's amazing sometimes what shrinkwrap can hide. It was obviously damaged in transit and not before. I've ordered a second copy before sending the first one back for a refund. The last one was damaged on the front, so even if the back of the replacement is damaged I can swap the parts over. If the new one is damaged on the front too then that'll be sent back as well.

No delivery today of Agents of Shield or Hellboy 2 steelbooks

I got delivery today following steelbooks
Avengers In Infinity/Star Wars Rebels/Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 CD/Meet the Robinsons

Meet the Robinsons I never got a dispatch email

Only Avengers was in white box packaging that was shipped on August 28th the rest was shipped in September was in basic cardboard mailers
Luckily all arrived without any damage

Hopefully I will have delivery tomorrow of Agents of Shield and Hellboy 2

No delivery today of Agents of Shield or Hellboy 2 steelbooks

I got delivery today following steelbooks
Avengers In Infinity/Star Wars Rebels/Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 CD/Meet the Robinsons

Meet the Robinsons I never got a dispatch email

Only Avengers was in white box packaging that was shipped on August 28th the rest was shipped in September was in basic cardboard mailers
Luckily all arrived without any damage

Hopefully I will have delivery tomorrow of Agents of Shield and Hellboy 2

Yeah my HB2 only arrived with this afternoon's post. So much for 3rd Sept release

I doubt Zavvi will send noticeably damaged ones, like ones with massive dents in the top for example.

I got a Steelbook from them that was so bent and damaged you could see the front of the Steelbook was almost coming off under the wrapper. It came in the old white boxes that was in prestine condition. No way was it done in transit. Never ordered from them since, they’re the worst company around