Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 10, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Wednesday August 1 at around 12 midday UK time)
Price: £24.99

11835815-1454597859889408.jpg

DjGd7YoX0AMgY-N.jpg
DjGeEQKWwAEcskd.jpg

Last edited:
Got my AOS S1 today in the states.....supid cardboard A1 POS! Happy to report the steel survived with only the tiniest little imperfection that you cant even tell. Hopefully my Robinsons comes safely too

Reactions: yeslek and Suspi
finally received mine in the US..in a thin cardboard mailer. Surprised it wasn;t as mangled as some of the others I've seen, but still had several dents nonetheless. waiting to hear back from zavvi now.

Got mine in thin cardboard and damaged ! WTF Zavvi ? Gladly similar packaged Infinity war and From Hell were ok.

My replacement has been dispatched
Hopefully this one arrives without damage

Good to see zavvi back to using the white boxes for steelbooks

Got mine in thin cardboard and damaged ! WTF Zavvi ? Gladly similar packaged Infinity war and From Hell were ok.
Contact Zavvi for a replacement using contact option in your account
Zavvi have restocked the white boxes packaging for steelbooks

So I received a steelbook today in a new type of cardboard box. I think this one is much more suited to preventing damages. I am hoping you continue using these from now on, @zavvi

View attachment 393417 View attachment 393416

The internals are protected by 2 or 3 layers (2 bottom, 3 top)
They are the same cardboard mailers they used for maybe 6+ years.
Around the time Play,com we’re winning with their foam padded boxes for steels.

Granted it’s ‘some’ protection, yes, but in that time Ikve still had many arrive bashed or dented. Still, better than a single thin piece of card for protection.

I think, and hope, the recent wave of card envelopes being used for this and , Meet the Robinsons, was a huge mistake and a one off

They are the same cardboard mailers they used for maybe 6+ years.
While the current steelbook shipping boxes look similar to the old ones, they are not the same.

Zavvi started using these fold-over, multiple layer cardboard boxes in October 2017.

You can see pictures of their previous generation steelbook shipping boxes in the OP of the Zavvi - Retailer chat thread.

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
These are nice but I just wish we knew ahead of time if TV Season steels are all going to be released, for completion.

As much as I love collecting the MCU steel movies, I feel uneasy collecting these too.
1. The additional expense,
2. The unknown regarding releases etc,
3. I haven't actually watched any of the Marvel TV series yet.

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
These are nice but I just wish we knew ahead of time if TV Season steels are all going to be released, for completion.

As much as I love collecting the MCU steel movies, I feel uneasy collecting these too.
1. The additional expense,
2. The unknown regarding releases etc,
3. I haven't actually watched any of the Marvel TV series yet.

I'd say it's likely that they'll all get steelbooks. The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones seem to be consistent, although not Marvel admittedly. So far all the Netflix shows have had steelbook releases and I'll be amazed if any future ones don't.

I haven't seen AoS, but I'll make a start soon I'm sure. I've enjoyed all the Netflix shows I've seen (basically the ones in steelbooks), but they are quite slow and each season has a couple of filler episodes. Ironically, the most reviled one, Iron Fist was probably the one I enjoyed the most. Daredevil running second with Jessica Jones and Luke Cage joint third.

• Thanks
Reactions: TobGud and St4rlord
While the current steelbook shipping boxes look similar to the old ones, they are not the same.

Zavvi started using these fold-over, multiple layer cardboard boxes in October 2017.

You can see pictures of their previous generation steelbook shipping boxes in the OP of the Zavvi - Retailer chat thread.
Ah yes, I recall the first lot. Buggers to open at the ends.

Those fold over ones are what I’ve had for a few years now. Since maybe Moana or Inside Out ish?. Certainly recall GB16 being the fold over type as it weirdly irks me when they’d label the folded in bit rather than the actual front(bit OCD I know) and I had that delivered just after I moved house in late ‘16
Pretty sure they’ve been folded since I stopped buying so many zavvi’s and opted for premiums.

Maybe I was part of the trial lot pre-officials implementation. But I know for a fact I’ve had these a few years now(as I reuse them when I sell old games on eBay and the fold over ones are easier to open/reuse)

That’s quite a beauty.

Just worry if the following seasons will match design but with differing colour size or not

Well we certainly know season 2 will be more red (I'm pleased with some colour variations among all the black spines), but the size of the SHIELD logo and placement of the title appear to be the same as season 1.

To be honest, as these are embossed, it would probably be easier to just keep the same embossing across each season. It would be cheaper I should think.

Nearly caved on my Zavvi boycott for these when they said they’re using the old boxes again, they are nice and I think they will release them all matching but, £150 for 6 seasons of Agents Of Shield, And however many more after? I, I just can’t

Nearly caved on my Zavvi boycott for these when they said they’re using the old boxes again, they are nice and I think they will release them all matching but, £150 for 6 seasons of Agents Of Shield, And however many more after? I, I just can’t

Hasn't it been confirmed that season 6 will be the last one? I thought it was going to have less episodes too, like Gotham will get for its final season.