Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 10, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Wednesday August 1 at around 12 midday UK time)
Price: £24.99

11835815-1454597859889408.jpg

DjGd7YoX0AMgY-N.jpg
DjGeEQKWwAEcskd.jpg

Last edited:
As far as I remember PREACHER was not a single retailer exclusive . . . as for PEAKY BLINDERS and LUTHER you could be right - Season One steelbooks of both shows are still available some two years later and heavily discounted the last time I looked so chances of a Season Two steelbook for either could be slim . . .

However I'm hopeful that these Marvel steelbooks will continue for as long as the seasons in Blu-ray are put out . . . as would be silly to just put out Seasons One and Two and stop there . . .
159170_large.jpg
176016_large.jpg
/
140440_large.jpg
164777_large.jpg
/

165515_large.jpg
…………………………………………… /
190476_large.jpg
……………………………………………………. /
201697_large.jpg
…………………………………………………...

. . . and this artwork would fit in well for:-
View attachment 385930

To be fair, Agent Carter uses photo's and Jessica Jones looks more like Photoshop watercolours.

Even the rest, despite being by Joe Quesada don't go that well together. Daredevil looks a bit like Charlie Cox, Luke Cage and Iron Fist could be anybody (not sure they're even based on the actors) whereas The Punisher totally looks like Jon Berenthal. Based on the images I've seen for The Defenders, that will be a different style too.

But, and here's what I'm hoping for, AoS should be able to have consistent covers which match each other. At least the spines for all these shows match (more or less - the Marvel and Blu-ray logos have swapped position), something which can't be said for the MCU steelbooks.

And just like that, my Zavvi withdrawal is put on hold again. This must join the marvel collection.
Tell me about it.
I refused to order their two new Disney steels out of principle but this will likley break me.
Dammit.

Seriously? It’s awesome- yea has a blip in the third series a little but so good. And so is Gotham!!
I’d say season 2was the weakest. Then again I disliked that guy that trained Syke/Daisy/quake. When he finally went, I enjoyed it much more.
There was no need to keep him around beyond season 1 IMO

As far as I remember PREACHER was not a single retailer exclusive . . . as for PEAKY BLINDERS and LUTHER you could be right - Season One steelbooks of both shows are still available some two years later and heavily discounted the last time I looked so chances of a Season Two steelbook for either could be slim . . .

However I'm hopeful that these Marvel steelbooks will continue for as long as the seasons in Blu-ray are put out . . . as would be silly to just put out Seasons One and Two and stop there . . .
159170_large.jpg
176016_large.jpg
/
140440_large.jpg
164777_large.jpg
/

165515_large.jpg
…………………………………………… /
190476_large.jpg
……………………………………………………. /
201697_large.jpg
…………………………………………………...

. . . and this artwork would fit in well for:-
View attachment 385930

Unfortunately, no suitable AGENTS OF SHIELD Season One artwork available / that I can find that fits in with those artworks above.
I’d be more surprised if they didn’t do all 5 seasons.
Agent Carter got her second a while after the first season steel if I recall.

As for the JJ one, it’s perfect. Matches the comic style completely.
But as much as I wanted it I can’t pull the trigger on owning a steelbook for a Netflix show I already subscribe to and can at h anytime.

I’d actually bite at that with the credit they gave me - would make it under £20 for me.
But am expecting they list it at £29.99-£34.99. Most likely the higher

^ I don't think it matters if you have Netflix or any of the other subscription channels (or whatever they're called) in the same way that you may have hundreds of films in Amarays/digipaks etc. - neither of these facts will stop the steelbook buyer from, well, buying the steelbooks too.

As for these AGENTS OF SHIELD steelbooks: wouldn't mind them all with the same (embossed) logo on a different colour background . . . maybe the same colours and design as the digipacks . . . spines should definitely all be black though.
211246_large.jpg
128595_large.jpg
166807_large.jpg
205270_large.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
^ I don't think it matters if you have Netflix or any of the other subscription channels (or whatever they're called) in the same way that you may have hundreds of films in Amarays/digipaks etc. - neither of these facts will stop the steelbook buyer from, well, buying the steelbooks too.

As for these AGENTS OF SHIELD steelbooks: wouldn't mind them all with the same (embossed) logo on a different colour background . . . maybe the same colours and design as the digipacks . . . spines should definitely all be black though.
211246_large.jpg
128595_large.jpg
166807_large.jpg
205270_large.jpg
In the instance of Netflix shows it certainly stopped me.
I feel I kinda own the shows by way of subscription but only way to access/own the movies is to buy them somehow.

That said, am aware its more 'access to' than outright ownership. Plus with Disney doing its greedy thing it's only time before they leave Netflix... I know I'll get the JJ one eventually lol

As for the artwork, I totally agree with you. Logo images for this show would be perfect