Airplane! - 40th Anniversary (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 24, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live on August 1 at 12 PM for Red Carpet subscribers, 6 PM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £15.99

12661229-3784787866896261.jpg

Last edited:
thanks.

if it's gloss as the German steelbook, then i'll order the UK one
It LOOKS as though it will be identical to the German release.

I just find it a tad annoying that it was announced AFTER the German edition was released. Had I known we would be getting a UK version, I wouldn't have ordered the German release (or cancelled it prior to release date, which I have done with other titles as well when I thought there wasn't going to be a UK release).

BTW, I see that Zavvi have it listed at £15.99 (not yet in the OP)

It LOOKS as though it will be identical to the German release.

I just find it a tad annoying that it was announced AFTER the German edition was released. Had I known we would be getting a UK version, I wouldn't have ordered the German release (or cancelled it prior to release date, which I have done with other titles as well when I thought there wasn't going to be a UK release).

BTW, I see that Zavvi have it listed at £15.99 (not yet in the OP)
~17,78€ ..now i'm glad i didnt order the German release

Reactions: Dirk69
Is this exactly the same as the german one? Cause I do have that one now... If not, I might buy this one too. I'm just wishing they would include Airplane! The Sequel as well, while you're at it.

Is this exactly the same as the german one? Cause I do have that one now... If not, I might buy this one too. I'm just wishing they would include Airplane! The Sequel as well, while you're at it.
I'm thinking it will be, and I also reckon it will be exactly the same disc but with the UK BBFC ratings sticker on it. Why? Well, the images of the steelbook LOOK identical, the extras listed are the same and the ratings sticker for the German release looks like it has been applied at a later stage in the production process if you look closely:
P1030122.JPG
I don't know the technical term for it, as it's not a removable sticker, but it is definitely some type of sticker that has been 'fused' on to the disc.

I don't know for sure, mind - this is just my theory.

Last edited: