Akira (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (I've Entertainment) [Korea]

Would you like to see this artwork as a SteelBook?

• Yes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 23, 2021
Purchase links: Kimchi - Nova (Pre-order on June 22, at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: $51.99
Group buy: hosted by Wreck (USA addresses only) Akira

201375496_4695075820507109_1171988114434309778_n.jpg

This is not a confirmed release as of yet as I've Entertainment are gauging interest first.

You'll see from the below screen shot - from their FB page here - that they're asking whether collectors would like to see the below artwork as a full slip only or as a SteelBook too, in which case the SteelBook would be released in Japan. If the SteelBook release doesn't happen, then this thread will be merged with the existing slipcover thread here.

A poll has been added to this thread and feel free to let I've Entertainment know your preference as well. The results of this poll will be shared with I've later.

Screen Shot .png

Last edited:
Reactions: MM3 and Hereticz
I was going to wait for a price drop on the 4K slip version with the same art, but would obviously much prefer it on a steelbook! I like the design, but agree his face looks a little off. I'd rather they switched the art around so the back is the front and the front is the back though (same as the 4K slip).

I actually made a custom Funko Pop based on his clothing from that back image...

The I’ve steelbook is steelbook of the year for me and their lenti is flawless. Amazing package. Why ruin that with ANOTHER release!

And Also don’t like that airbrushed art

Wait. This is not the same as the Akita steelbook which i’ve entertainment release previously right but with 4K this time?

And how come a Korean company releasing in Japan?

Well, I'm always down with some new akira steelbooks. Unfortunately with this title the arts are always those 4 or 5 you see around all the time, but at least you can play with them to get a fresh visual look, like kimchidvd has done recently. But this art for I've entertainment is meh :yawn:

What is a stillbook and when can I buy a notbook? Not to be confused with a notebook. :whistle:

I agree with flipping the artwork because that front is so fugly! :facepalm: