Akira (Blu-ray SteelBook) (I've Entertainment) (KimchiDVD Collection #16) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: January 3, 2020
Purchase links: Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenticular B - One Click (Pre-order November 27 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $35.99 (Full Slip A1) - $38.99 (Full Slip A2) - $39.99 (Lenticular B) - $125 (One Click)

74624059_2698531177040749_668475105155743744_o.jpg 75453427_2698531263707407_2874339586480275456_o.jpg 73513522_2698531317040735_9078177776900505600_o.jpg 74674390_2698531423707391_670857875702153216_o-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just opened my lenti today and....wow, I think I looked like this

giphy.gif

...absolute blast edition :oohyeah: :oohyeah: :oohyeah: , lenti is superb and the Steelbook oh my oh my, jaw-dropping really.....everything else high quality as well....and it´s HDZeta fat-like with same sized collectors folder, so very nice surprise here too.....

Akira just set up the bar pretty high, this Steelbook will be hard to beat this year for sure....

I opened the package for my FS A1 this morning and I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed by the lack of bossing for this: The title seems to be slightly(!) embossed but that's about it.
When I saw the artworks I thought 'damn' the back for this with the mechanical parts of the artwork will look so good with different layers of em-/debossing but looking at it now, there is zero, nada niente, flat as a pancake!
Maybe I have to remove the shrink wrap but still, thought this would turn out nicer.

Reactions: CleverLoginName
I opened the package for my FS A1 this morning and I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed by the lack of bossing for this: The title seems to be slightly(!) embossed but that's about it.
When I saw the artworks I thought 'damn' the back for this with the mechanical parts of the artwork will look so good with different layers of em-/debossing but looking at it now, there is zero, nada niente, flat as a pancake!
Maybe I have to remove the shrink wrap but still, thought this would turn out nicer.

I hope you talking about the slip, coz the steelbook is absolute blast. The A1 basic slip is weakest of those three, lenti is best, not only the lenti itself, but also backside has very nice effects, and like I said before, it´s same thick as HDZetas :drool: :oohyeah::cigar:

Gutted I had to skip this due to company redundancies end of Novembe, es after seeing the in hand lenti shots/

hoping to pick it up down the line for not too much of an inflated price.

i do still have the OG silver steel book but its a movie that deserves the premium treatment/ownership

There was serious concern I might have missed this completely as I was unavailable the day (minute!) it went live.
Fortunately, a beloved friend had his eye out for me and snagged me the 1-click.
It arrived yesterday and...whoa.... too beautiful for words.
I haven't had a chance to spool up the disc yet but hopefully tomorrow,
SO @#$%^ HYPED!!! :woot:

I've had the Steel for a while now and though it had a great presentation, I'm interested to see what IVE has provided us. :thanks:

edit: just a thought, if you see this on EBay for a relatively livable price, grab it. This thing is a scalper's dream...
Also, I'd recommend dropping in to Kimchi's web-site every...single...day... as sometimes, they get returned stock.
I've picked up more than one exclusive that way.

Last edited:
i had some in my hand (GB) I liked the blue one best tho I only ever saw the blue and lenti in hand. Both are good obviously, but just my preference. no more left. (fyi, so no one PM)

21.jpg

19.jpg 20.jpg
Impressive, very impressive. I've Entertainment have started the year with a bang. The steelbook will be a contender for Steelbook of the Year, in fact, the whole package is a winner!
My only tiny complaint is the size (!) of the lenti, which is a bit too small to cover the whole frontside of the slip. But it looks better now that the edition is unsealed.
If somebody has information about the total print run and how it's distributed among the editions, please share. Thank you!