Aladdin (1992) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: November 04, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live on Thursday 15th August, 12pm Midday UK Time)
Price: £27.99

12250898-1564697114295984.jpg

12250898-1414697114433984.jpg 12250898-6714697114769297.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, dont think I’ve seen pictures of the full signature collection or whatever it’s called.
Same... I'd seen mock-ups for a few of them posted on IG and thought they were fan concepts lol. Personally I'm not a fan. The original Zavvi steels are so much nicer and classier!

Reactions: Flloydo
Resolved now. And ordered with code:

Add to basket first
Using links in OP
Then exit web browser

Then click this link
Go to Basket
Then use code WELCOME346
Code doesn't seem to be working, despite following the steps (and others done further for getting it to work, like clearing the cookies for Zavvi's websites, for example).
Any other ideas?

Code doesn't seem to be working, despite following the steps (and others done further for getting it to work, like clearing the cookies for Zavvi's websites, for example).
Any other ideas?
Probably disabled - it usually only works for the first few minutes after going live before they disable it, unfortunately.

Jesus. Another re release? Are they kidding?

Zavvi finish the he Disney/Pixar collection you started years ago, for the love of god.

Ordered (code dead, sadly).
Will be a reasonable match colour-wise to the live action film steelbook (apart from the spines) ...
1565874668783.png
1565874708297.png
/
1565875317869.png
1565875176567.png

.... and a logical purchase as all Disney (UK) classics steelbooks are worth collecting - one just needs to check Zavvi's website to see how many of the Disney collection are still available from the exclusive retailer.

ALADDIN (1992) being one of the select few earlier titles from the Disney classics collection to be honoured with 4 steelbooks:-
UK (July 2013) ------------------- FRANCE (December 2017) -------- UK (April 2019) ---------- UK (November 2019) ------------I
1565873803585.png
+
1565873771239.png
+
1565873901413.png
+
1565873985822.png

Jesus. Another re release? Are they kidding?
Yes, but with the addition of a 4K disc this time, so not 'just' a new design steelbook.
Zavvi finish the he Disney/Pixar collection you started years ago, for the love of god.
Agreed - I would rather see them complete the series first before re-releasing titles in 4K. But no doubt this is financially driven, as Disney know that people will want to get their most popular films in 4K, and there'll be more money in that than blu-ray steelbooks for the less popular titles.

I don't have a 4k TV (I'm 3D all the way) so I've not bought this or Lion King but given that its also animation, would 4K really make that much difference to this?

I don't have a 4k TV (I'm 3D all the way) so I've not bought this or Lion King but given that its also animation, would 4K really make that much difference to this?
I also dont have a 4K tv, but I'm a steelbook lover (+ I keep it sealed anyway), so I pre-ordered this steelbook.

I also dont have a 4K tv, but I'm a steelbook lover (+ I keep it sealed anyway), so I pre-ordered this steelbook.
Granted, its lovely. It really is and I do even think the design is better than the original steelbook.

I had a Disney collection on VHS and had this. Then I almost obtained every classic on DVD, including this. Then I started a Blu-ray collection but started a Steelbook collection when they came out and knocked off the regular Blu-rays when I obtained steelbooks, this being one of them. Finally, I bought the Disney Blu-ray collection that came out at Xmas which also has this in.

As I open them though to watch, if the 4K versions make any difference, I would get them as its inevitable I will eventually own a 4K TV. Otherwise, I'm just kinda happy with what I've got.

Not enamoured with the artwork reminding me of the recent pared down Pixar wave but curious about what finish we get in the UK . . . maybe similar to the TOY STORY steels however they turn out (in about a week).

I like it and the colours look nice even with matte and the spot gloss is always a good bonus BUT the genie should of also been spot glossed not just his f***ing wrist bands

I have no need for it but I’d happily pick it up for £12.99 or less purely on the art