Alien (Blu-ray SteelBook) [China]

Oct 21, 2013
Nanjing, China
Release Date: July 2nd, 2015
Purchase Link: TBA
Price: TBA

The publisher only states that this is a limited edition steelbook but it did not announce the steelbook artwork. Probably the same as HK/Korea version.
The following pic is probably slipbox/slipcover of the steelbook.
Comes with a set of alien artcards.

2015623214354.jpg

2015623214341.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey maybe this will end up being redone correctly and this production error will end up being worth thousands down the road.....then again, it's China, maybe not :rofl:

Hey maybe this will end up being redone correctly and this production error will end up being worth thousands down the road.....then again, it's China, maybe not :rofl:
There are guys on the bay trying to sell this as a rare piece! Screwing up an entire run is not the same as one of 1000 with a printing error! And on top of it, the cover is a recycled cover that Walmart has been using for years on their $10 blu ray slipcover of Alien. It isn't even exclusive Chinese art!
It is not worth even $10. (IMHO, of course...):rofl:

Darn:my latest addition, I thought a found a beauty steelbook , bought from my contacts in germany : alien steelbook shanghai epic music entertainment. it was completely new and sealed but when I opened it : I was : what the F...

op2l16tembolj.jpg

u8wbzs1.jpg

this steelbook is inside : Aliens NOT Alien
cvogfk5eg2.jpg

wzfo0sfs.jpg

really disappointed , what a stupid mix up
When I opened it , I started googling and found this thread, wish I had seen it earlier

Darn:my latest addition, I thought a found a beauty steelbook , bought from my contacts in germany : alien steelbook shanghai epic music entertainment. it was completely new and sealed but when I opened it : I was : what the F...

op2l16tembolj.jpg

u8wbzs1.jpg

this steelbook is inside : Aliens NOT Alien
cvogfk5eg2.jpg

wzfo0sfs.jpg

really disappointed , what a stupid mix up
When I opened it , I started googling and found this thread, wish I had seen it earlier

I believe the disc inside the steelbook is actually the Alien disc though, and not Aliens (I think this was confirmed somewhere)

I believe the disc inside the steelbook is actually the Alien disc though, and not Aliens (I think this was confirmed somewhere)

oh men , darn, you are right , so I have a Alien fullslip with a Aliens steelbook inside and if I would actually open the steelbook, there is the Alien disc ??
what a bung of A- holes :banghead::cry::BS:,
I will try to sell it

oh men , darn, you are right , so I have a Alien fullslip with a Aliens steelbook inside and if I would actually open the steelbook, there is the Alien disc ??
what a bung of A- holes :banghead::cry::BS:,
I will try to sell it
To be honest mate the aliens wwa steelbook is worth far more than the alien wwa steel on the resale market. Like double the price. Shouldn't be hard to shift once you've bought a cheap second hand bluray disc to go in it. Ebay will lap it up :thanks:

To be honest mate the aliens wwa steelbook is worth far more than the alien wwa steel on the resale market. Like double the price. Shouldn't be hard to shift once you've bought a cheap second hand bluray disc to go in it. Ebay will lap it up :thanks:

hello thanks for your reply but I do not want to invest any more money in this debacle
I now have
Alien full slip
aliens sealed steelbook but inside is probably the Alien blu ray disc

in order not to loose more money I would like to sell this asap as a complete set
I do not have an ebay account ( I do not know if ebay charges any costs if you want to register on ebay and start selling stuff??)
when I open this aliens steelbook , when I look on ebay Aliens sealed steelbook sells around 40 -45 euro and I would buy a cheap aliens disc and put this into the steelbook and try to sell aliens steelbook separately I would be still left with a Alien disc

thanks for your advice

hello thanks for your reply but I do not want to invest any more money in this debacle
I now have
Alien full slip
aliens sealed steelbook but inside is probably the Alien blu ray disc

in order not to loose more money I would like to sell this asap as a complete set
I do not have an ebay account ( I do not know if ebay charges any costs if you want to register on ebay and start selling stuff??)
when I open this aliens steelbook , when I look on ebay Aliens sealed steelbook sells around 40 -45 euro and I would buy a cheap aliens disc and put this into the steelbook and try to sell aliens steelbook separately I would be still left with a Alien disc

thanks for your advice
Your call there buddy. I'm just saying you could easily sell your sealed aliens steelbook for enough money to buy an alien steelbook to put inside your fullslip and probably still have spare cash left over. It's a pain, but it'll solve your problem.

Setting up and ebay account is simple enough though, so I'd probably suggest you look into that. They usually charge you 10% of the final item sale cost, but given the cost difference between alien and aliens, I can't see that leaving you out of pocket. Good luck :thanks:

Reactions: Xenomorph
lol, they made 500 like that??
It's a shame cos it looks like a nice slip
Lets you know what studios really approve. ie. it wasnt. You shoulda seen the red tape we had to go through for our Zombieland slip edition (HDN) slip approval, jcard approval, heck they even told me which "Rules of zombieland" we couldnt allow to be shown on the back. No way a studio is selling you aliens steels and doesnt see the alien slip. Seems like just distributor and retailer doing that, and maybe just retailer.

This kind of makes the FAC Jaws 2 cards not so egrigeous. You'd think these places would have at least one person around to double check stuff like this. I am available for hire BTW. lol