Alien (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #120) [Czech Republic]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: September 26, 2019 (E1) - October 2 (E2) - October 9 (E3) - September 26 (E4) - October 10 (E5A - E5B)
Purchase links: E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 - E5A - E5B
Price: CZK 1099 (E1) - CZK 1199 (E2) - CZK 1599 (E3) - CZK 4999 (E4) - CZK 999 (E5A) - CZK 599 (E5B)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 - E5A - E5B
Alien, E1.jpg Alien, E2.jpg Alien, E3.jpg Alien, E4 maniacs box.jpg
Alien_FAC.jpg

Alien_FAC-02.jpg Alien_FAC-03.jpg Alien_FAC-04.jpg
37252254_1952893954827571_125020669715939328_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the studio really not allow just using the original egg poster as the front of the slip? It's okay on the back of E1, but the front is more or less just the same as the steelbook.

I'd favor E1 if it weren't for that horrid lenticular magnet. E2 has a kind of retro vibe that's perhaps bad enough to be good, so I may choose that one. :)

Reactions: CleverLoginName
I know they have done the two most recent Aliens but are they going to fill in the rest of the series? My guess would be yes as they normally do: X-Men, Jurassic Park, Fast & the Furious, Terminator, and so on
I don't mind the steelbooks but the slips are underwhelming.

I know they have done the two most recent Aliens but are they going to fill in the rest of the series? My guess would be yes as they normally do: X-Men, Jurassic Park, Fast & the Furious, Terminator, and so on
I don't mind the steelbooks but the slips are underwhelming.
Yes, they're doing them all.

Like everyone else, like some bits. But everything together looks awful!

E1, The lenti magnet imagery is just so out of place for that package and looks really amateurish.

E3, has the title on the back but not the front!!! (And I know the only reason is because the title would look ridiculously bad if it was '3D embossed'. So they left it off altogether! )

The back of E2 is cool but the front is just a random still from the film (I think!!) I'm surprised the studio actually passed that......

Yeah, DL for me I’ve decided. I like the folder, the booklet, the cards, and the on set photos used as covers remind me of the T2 stuffs so it’ll probably look great next to the future Aliens slip (and my T2 FilmArena slip), I’ve never seen that photo of Weaver and I’m kinda shocked it hasn’t been used in a modern photoshop disaster floating heads poster tbh.

E1 is perfect imo, so that’s a must for me.
E2 I’ll grab but I’m iffy on the front image. Back image is fantastic.
E3 is actually Mondo artwork by Martin Ansin, but not a huge fan of it personally. Should look good as a 3D embossing, though interesting they cut off the ship at the bottom of the art:

889D6BBD-D794-4D54-8486-77BFEF1FAA07.jpeg

E1 is perfect imo, so that’s a must for me.
E2 I’ll grab but I’m iffy on the front image. Back image is fantastic.
E3 is actually Mondo artwork by Martin Ansin, but not a huge fan of it personally. Should look good as a 3D embossing, though interesting they cut off the ship at the bottom of the art:

The back image is the Mondo poster by Randy Ortiz:

blog_Ortiz-Alien-emma.jpg

And the folder is the Mondo poster by Ken Taylor:

blog_alien-final-682x1024.jpg