Aliens 30th Anniversary (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: October 10th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live at 12 PM UK time, on Saturday July 23, 2016)
Price: £15.99

aliens3.jpg

aliens2.jpg
aliens1.jpg
aliens 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Theatrical and Special Edition versions of the film on Blu-ray
The Blu-ray will include an all-new, documentary titled "The Inspiration and Design of Aliens," which delves into the origins of the film

Special Features:
  • NEW The Inspiration and Design of Aliens featurette
  • Deleted and Extended Scenes
  • Superior Firepower: Making Aliens
  • Superior Firepower: Making Aliens Enhancement
  • Pre-Production Galleries
    • The Art of Aliens
    • Gateway Station and Colony
    • Vehicles and Weapons
    • Aliens
  • Casting
    • Cast Portrait Gallery
  • Deleted Scene Montage

Last edited:
I'm still struggling to believe that this has sold out. That slapped together in Photoshop front 'artwork' is appalling.

Well, to be honest, there's not a single artwork on any steelbook that's not a bit photo shopped.
And I've actually seen artworks at least ten times worse that this.
But........it's so badly done! That picture of Ripley and Newt looks like it's been cut out of a magazine and stuck on with glue. Really distracting.

But........it's so badly done! That picture of Ripley and Newt looks like it's been cut out of a magazine and stuck on with glue. Really distracting.

Maybe that's done to reflect the technology of the time as photoshop and digital media didn't exist then! :LOL:

But I never saw Photoshop until the 90's. 1998 was the first time I saw it and even then it was 2002 before I first started using it in a working environment. At home I didn't get Photoshop until 2009 and it's scary to think that I now have a home studio that you could not have even dreamed off 10 years ago......... From Imagepro to Creative Cloud.... What a history.

But I never saw Photoshop until the 90's. 1998 was the first time I saw it and even then it was 2002 before I first started using it in a working environment. At home I didn't get Photoshop until 2009 and it's scary to think that I now have a home studio that you could not have even dreamed off 10 years ago......... From Imagepro to Creative Cloud.... What a history.

Well, in 1990 Photoshop was exclusively available only for Macintosh computers. It was in 1992 that PS became available for Windows OS.

It was developed and tested in 1987 and in 1988 we received a first working Photoshop. It was called Imagepro until 1990 and it was a masterpiece of a program for its time.

Well, in 1990 Photoshop was exclusively available only for Macintosh computers. It was in 1992 that PS became available for Windows OS.

Well I've been using Macs (and still use them) since the early 90's and as I said it was 2002 before I first started using photoshop.

No just where I live and I suspect where i live I was one of the early users. Now it's a different ball game but then where you lived really did determine how up to date you were on technology.

USA release the new extra on this release is a code to stream on fox-extras online it's not on the disc itself so it's most likely the same for the UK release a code to stream online and these have a limit of 10 times use

The Disc itself is same one as before

Paul, do you know why there's a 10-time limit?
Fox decision they have this with all streaming extras with the codes it's not a great idea IMO
Why they limit to 10 viewings I don't know it's a bit of a rip off be lot better if you could at least download it or add to a flixster library for unlimited viewing

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Have to agree, bad artwork. Not only that, the colour strobing on the image put up is shocking.

However, if anyone watches a movie more than ten times you're missing out watching other movies. IMO.