Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 23, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: CDN $44.99

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 03.58.09.png

I can't believe that they actually put the French Title on the Steelbook ! Usually only the J-Card would be Bilingual.
On an Amaray I would say ''OK'', but Not on a Steelbook, not cool, not cool at all :facepalm:

• Thanks
Reactions: Mararagan
I can't believe that they actually put the French Title on the Steelbook ! Usually only the J-Card would be Bilingual.
On an Amaray I would say ''OK'', but Not on a Steelbook, not cool, not cool at all :facepalm:

There were a ton of localized variants for the Avatar and Titanic 3D SteelBooks. Why it has the title twice in this case makes little sense though.

There were a ton of localized variants for the Avatar and Titanic 3D SteelBooks. Why it has the title twice in this case makes little sense though.

We still don't know for sure if the title will be on there twice or if the french translation will just be a sticker on top.

I blame the subtitle. Alita: Battle Angel. If the movie was just called "Alita" then the title would only be there once because there isn't a french translation. Since the title is Alita: Battle Angel they have Alita on there twice to go with the french translation of Battle Angel.

We still don't know for sure if the title will be on there twice or if the french translation will just be a sticker on top.

I blame the subtitle. Alita: Battle Angel. If the movie was just called "Alita" then the title would only be there once because there isn't a french translation. Since the title is Alita: Battle Angel they have Alita on there twice to go with the french translation of Battle Angel.
Yes, but in France it's actually ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL so they really shouldn't say Canada (French title) imo:-
1559522932858.png
1559523380305.png

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
The pictures posted by @Apollon do seem to indicate matte front and back. I'm just hoping the gold has some shine to it.

I just opened mine. The gold does have a nice shine at the right angle. It is a matt which seem to scratch much too easy. Luckily, mine came with nothing to complain about. Just a little small dot mark at the top. Oh, and no French on the case, which is a plus

• Informative
Reactions: Stygian
I just opened mine. The gold does have a nice shine at the right angle. It is a matt which seem to scratch much too easy. Luckily, mine came with nothing to complain about. Just a little small dot mark at the top. Oh, and no French on the case, which is a plus

Is there a french title on the front of the J-card or on a sticker? How about the spine?